Pelton (GHC) vs Mr Floppy(WA) GHC Victory

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

Peltonx

Pelton (GHC) vs Mr Floppy(WA) GHC Victory

Post by Peltonx »

WA’s invaded turn 10 and are just getting to Gustov Line, while bombing rail yards and ports.
Over Germany bombing of Ruhr and sub locations.

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (259.56 KiB) Viewed 367 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

RE: Pelton (GHC) vs Mr Floppy(WA)

Post by Peltonx »

WA’s invade Northern Italy, thankfully 4 Panzer Divisions and 4 Infantry Divisions were close by waiting on just such an invasion. The LW also was close by with 1000’s of rested LB and TACB’s as can be seen by the high interdiction at sea. Next turn all the planes will be active.

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (322.13 KiB) Viewed 367 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

The Gustov Line is solid also.

1st Army still has 3 Panzer Divisions in Reserve.

Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (270.5 KiB) Viewed 367 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

WA’s invade Northern Italy, thankfully

A Thanksgiving gift, to be sure. Not only has he ensured the N Italy garrison is free to respond, only one more garrison zone invasion will release all your obligations.

Has he pushed your southern line to this point, or just picketed it?

Congrats on winning the airwar at this point over the landing zone. How are the troop/cargo ship losses looking so far?
"War is never a technical problem only, and if in pursuing technical solutions you neglect the psychological and the political, then the best technical solutions will be worthless." - Hermann Balck
KWG

Post by KWG »

Looks like the Allies are going for the rails/railyards. Drive on Florence.
If successful it can leave the Germans with 1 main rail line bottleneck to south.
"A word was said - a mare is standing by the fence."
carlkay58

Post by carlkay58 »

The flip side of the garrison coin is that the Allies will no longer be subject to losing VPs each turn for Axis garrison levels either. Sometimes that is more important to the Allie than you may think.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: Seminole
WA’s invade Northern Italy, thankfully

A Thanksgiving gift, to be sure. Not only has he ensured the N Italy garrison is free to respond, only one more garrison zone invasion will release all your obligations.

Has he pushed your southern line to this point, or just picketed it?

Congrats on winning the airwar at this point over the landing zone. How are the troop/cargo ship losses looking so far?

He tried attacking it but only gained 1 hex, so hes tring another sspot
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

More units arrive to seal the beachhead.

I expect more invasions to follow this one soon as WA appear to be using the invasion spam tactic.

Attachments
N.jpg
N.jpg (356.13 KiB) Viewed 367 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Gustov Line holds.

Attachments
s.jpg
s.jpg (378.08 KiB) Viewed 367 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

I expect more invasions to follow this one soon as WA appear to be using the invasion spam tactic.

To the degree that S2Tanker tried it against you and in his game against me it seemed counterproductive. I really wore down his shipping with his inability to protect long routes, and the splitting of enemy forces makes them easier to deal with piecemeal because you have interior lines. But we handle invasions that come ashore in a different manner.

Do you have a pic of Allied shipping losses thus far in this game? From some stuff you had written earlier I presumed you were tracking it as well.

"War is never a technical problem only, and if in pursuing technical solutions you neglect the psychological and the political, then the best technical solutions will be worthless." - Hermann Balck
Peltonx

RE: Pelton (GHC) vs Mr Floppy(WA) T-38

Post by Peltonx »

Turn 32
Axis Loses: 177,000
WA Loses: 149,000

Turn 38
Axis Loses: 191,000 Loses for last 5 turns: 14,000
WA Loses: 184,000 Loses for last 5 turns: 35,000
Ratio for last 5 turns: 2.5 to 1

Clearly KWG is doing much better using his air power to inflict massive loses week after week.

Slightly better than historical ratio to date. Extra loses being from transport loses to North Italy invasion area. So far both the Gustov Line and N. Italy beach head are holding.

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (292.53 KiB) Viewed 369 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Tactical bombing

Post by Peltonx »

GL

Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (306.45 KiB) Viewed 369 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

RE: Tactical bombing

Post by Peltonx »

Turn 41 VP’s this turn: -1 Total: -78 Manpower: 114,000 Arm Pts: 2,276,000

Looks like Mr Floppy has started copying KWG’s exploit. Almost all bombing is done tacticly, only 3 VP sights were lightly bombed and for the last 2 turns he has been tring to get a snake going. The northern beachhead is stuck, as infantry divisions arrive panzers are sent to France.

Mr Floppy is being alittle smarter then KWG hitting some VP sights keeping VP's lower.

Mr Floppys only mistake was the useless 2nd invasion that cost him allot of Vp's

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (263.61 KiB) Viewed 369 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: Pelton

Looks like Mr Floppy has started copying KWG’s exploit. Almost all bombing is done tacticly, only 3 VP sights were lightly bombed and for the last 2 turns he has been tring to get a snake going. The northern beachhead is stuck, as infantry divisions arrive panzers are sent to France.

Pelton

I realise you only want comments that basically agree with your assertions fron now on.

Even so, its worth thinking that since you basically play the game the same way its not surprising that your opponents gravitate to a set response. This has been the issue ever since you decided that kwg's approach was an exploit - in reality it would not work against a German player who played differently to your chosen approach.
HMSWarspite

Post by HMSWarspite »

+1
I have a cunning plan, My Lord
KWG

Post by KWG »

Mr Floppy is being alittle smarter then KWG hitting some VP sights keeping VP's lower.

Maybe......wiser maybe not...

-1, -10, -100, it doesnt matter how many Strategic Bombing VPs are lost - if you are not doing enough combined with a ground campaign to cause a breakout. However He may not really care about the VPs and is just fighting the war as he wants to.

OOPPS! I forgot ... YES, yes you are absolutely correct®

"A word was said - a mare is standing by the fence."
Peltonx

Breakout

Post by Peltonx »

Mr Floppy breaks out from Brittany, nice offensive really.

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (304.53 KiB) Viewed 369 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

RE: Breakout

Post by Peltonx »

Looking to hold Paris until Jan 45

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (251.68 KiB) Viewed 369 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

I cant figure out why people don't want to invade southern France. It was why the Germans evacuated France in the first place. The area is usually lightly defended, so you can get ashore easily...drop an army HQ, fill it with Multi-Role units then pop them out to explode into the empty southern interior.

The Germans cant afford to make a line, and you will seriously outnumber him in units with all your armour brigades, and (motorized) infantry brigades. Sooner or later they will be forced to pull back to the WestWall freeing up your D-Day units to chase him.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Good points.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE

Return to “After Action Reports”