limitation of air defence systems / implementation in the CMANO

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

GrimGrom

limitation of air defence systems / implementation in the CMANO

Post by GrimGrom »

I would like to better understand limitations of air defense systems and how these limitations are implemented in the CMANO.

For example, when people are speaking about tactics for defeating air defense in the CMANO they are usually listing surprise (late detection and reduced time for engagement), jamming, saturation (mutliple missiles and decoys) and attacks from different detection.

Benefits of first three are obvious, but I'm not sure if and how effect of the last one is implemented in the CMANO. I see how multi axis attack would be beneficial in real life situation, as it could put more strain on the crew decision process, but is that really implemented in the CMANO considering that human factor is not present in the game?

As far as I know, SAM systems also have a limitation in number of targets that they can simultaneously track and engage and sometimes in number of data channels for missiles that require guidance? Is that represented somehow in the CMANO?

I noticed a "missile defence" property in the database. Is that property related to limitations that I discussed above or it is used for something else?
Dimitris

RE: limitation of air defence systems / implementation in the CMANO

Post by Dimitris »

Hi.
ORIGINAL: GrimGrom
Benefits of first three are obvious, but I'm not sure if and how effect of the last one is implemented in the CMANO. I see how multi axis attack would be beneficial in real life situation, as it could put more strain on the crew decision process, but is that really implemented in the CMANO considering that human factor is not present in the game?
It is present. Doctrine settings. ROEs. EMCON settings. Proficiency levels. OODA loops. All these are soft, human factors.
As far as I know, SAM systems also have a limitation in number of targets that they can simultaneously track and engage and sometimes in number of data channels for missiles that require guidance? Is that represented somehow in the CMANO?
Yes.
I noticed a "missile defence" property in the database. Is that property related to limitations that I discussed above or it is used for something else?
Something else.
GrimGrom

Post by GrimGrom »

thanks Sunburn,

yes, I'm aware of OODA loops and proficiency levels. I was referring to psychological effect of simultaneous multi-axis attack on the crew.

Yes.

Where can I find these parameters?
Something else.

What is it then? I looked at manual and searched forums, but I could find any reference.
Rory Noonan

Post by Rory Noonan »

IIRC missile defence is the average amount of incoming harpoon/Maverick equivalents required to overwhelm the units defences.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Yes.
Where can I find these parameters?
Number of guidance channels per datalink.

Pergite!

Post by Pergite! »

ORIGINAL: GrimGrom

yes, I'm aware of OODA loops and proficiency levels. I was referring to psychological effect of simultaneous multi-axis attack on the crew.

The psychological side of the simulation is to my understanding abstracted into the said OODA loop and proficiency level. Making it more than that would be a massive undertaking, trying incorporating the all so illusive morale. That is up to each scenario designer to try to implement. With all new LUA scripting it should be possible making unit flee if they are outnumbered etc.

Return to “The War Room”