Problems Getting Properly Started

Report bugs and ask for support here.
Eques

Problems Getting Properly Started

Post by Eques »

I am finding it difficult to get properly started on this game.

Firstly, on the "Ice March" scenario I just CANNOT work out how to set up Corps, Divisions or Armies! I keep re-reading the manual to get more knowledge but everything I try runs into a new problem. The create Division, Corp and Army buttons are just permanently greyed out. Have just tried to enable a Commander for Divisional Command (which I think I had ommitted to do before ) and got the message "You cannot enable this Commander for Divisional Command as all 0 of your Divisions are already in the Field!" That makes no sense. The fact that there are 0 Divisions on the Field is the reason I am trying to create a Division in the first place! Can someone please give me a simple guide to how I enable all the buttons so I can actually, you know, organise all my armies?

Secondly, I have just tried out the Finnish Civil War and Polish War scenarios and they seem to be configured differently to the Ice March. Instead of the Command Buttons near the bottom left there are buttons to filter for different types of troops (Infantry/Cavalry etc) and furthermore, I cannot access the stack details on the bar at the bottom when I click on a town - it just keeps the same units displayed all the time no matter what I click on.

Could someone please explain all this to me?

What a frustrating game!
ErissN6

RE: Problems Getting Properly Started

Post by ErissN6 »

Sure, the UI of the game is not very good.
To not being too much frustrated, you must play the Tutorials AND read the big pdf manual...

It seem you were in the Building menu, you had to quit it to return to play on the map.
Eques

Post by Eques »

Thanks.

How do I do that?

Also what about my first question?

I did the tutorials and manual beforehand but it is still unclear.
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

How do I do that?
I did the tutorials and manual beforehand but it is still unclear.
You have to click (again) on the big turret in the bottom to the very left.
Yes, it is not written how to quit the Building menu, it is just written how to enter it (same button).
Also what about my first question?
Maybe it's WAI for this scenario, deeper organisation must have been made later.
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

double post
Shawmut

Post by Shawmut »

I can appreciate the problems of getting started with this game - the tutorials are useless.
javascript:void(AddText('[:@]'))
It would serve everyone (Matrix too) if they re-wrote the manual with some basic maneuvers to copy.
"Power currupts".... But someone must govern!

Return to “Tech Support”