Fixed issue for NI scenario #3

Command: Northern Inferno is a DLC for Command: Modern Operations. Set in 1975, the Cold War is omnipresent and beneath the veneer of détente the tension between the two superpowers irreversibly escalate towards the ultimate confrontation.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Dimitris

Fixed issue for NI scenario #3

Post by Dimitris »

Hi all,

We identified an issue in Northern Inferno's scenario #3 (The Fast And The Furious) which caused problems with scoring. Specifically, the player side (NATO) was not awarded the correct points for neutralizing the Soviet amphibious group. This error has now been rectified.

An updated version of the scenario is available for download here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B205v ... jhmamR0R2c

Unzip to the following location: [root CMANO/NI installation folder]\Scenarios\Northern Inferno . Answer "yes" to any overwrite question.

(This will also be included on the next exe update, but we wanted to distribute this fix as fast as possible).

Our apologies to anyone who might have faced difficulty with this scenario because of the above error.

Happy hunting!
JPFisher55

RE: Fixed issue for NI scenario #3

Post by JPFisher55 »

I tried this with this patch, but I sunk all the Soviet ships and received a score of 0. Maybe, I didn't get it to the right directory, but the scen file did read Oct, 23.
JPFisher55

Post by JPFisher55 »

I tried again, but the date remained the same. Also, about 1/2 way through the scenario the Soviet amphibious group stopped moving.
I started at my save which was the start of scenario 3, so I'm going to start at the end of scenario 2 and try again.
Runibl

Post by Runibl »

Yes, you probably need to restart the scenario for the fix to take work. Since when you save, the issue is saved into the savefile.
If it still does not work after restarting the scenario, please report back. Also welcome to confirm if it works :)

Rúni.
JPFisher55

Post by JPFisher55 »

I tried restarting the whole scen 3 from mostly through scen 2. I sunk the whole Soviet fleet, but still have a zero score.
.Sirius

Post by .Sirius »

Hi just tried it on my rig and sank the Amphibs and got a score
ORIGINAL: JPFisher55

I tried restarting the whole scen 3 from mostly through scen 2. I sunk the whole Soviet fleet, but still have a zero score.
Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims
Cold War Data Base 1946-1979 Author

Old radar men never die - Their echoes fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law
Runibl

Post by Runibl »

Should work, did you try to load a savegame from scenario 2, from before proceeding to scenario 3?

It must be from before the 3rd scenario, otherwise it will just load the old file.
Rúni.
JPFisher55

Post by JPFisher55 »

I had to use the scenario editor to change the action amphibious ship sunk to points for NATO since that box was left blank. I did so with my last save of that scenario and it fixed the issue.
I would recommend that this scenario be changed to give NATO 25 points for sinking an OSA ship, 50 points for other warships and the 150 for any amphib ship, but losing 25 points for losing a plane or ship.
Then, I would require a major victory to continue the campaign. I found sinking the whole Soviet fleet fairly easy due to lack of Soviet air support. But the scenario was enjoyable as is with the points for amphibious ship sinking.
.Sirius

Post by .Sirius »

Hi I designed Northern Inferno, the first few scenario's are designed to ease new players into the way of Command as you go through the rest of the scenario's get harder , glad your enjoying Northern Inferno

I had to use the scenario editor to change the action amphibious ship sunk to points for NATO since that box was left blank. I did so with my last save of that scenario and it fixed the issue.
I would recommend that this scenario be changed to give NATO 25 points for sinking an OSA ship, 50 points for other warships and the 150 for any amphib ship, but losing 25 points for losing a plane or ship.
Then, I would require a major victory to continue the campaign. I found sinking the whole Soviet fleet fairly easy due to lack of Soviet air support. But the scenario was enjoyable as is with the points for amphibious ship sinking.
Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims
Cold War Data Base 1946-1979 Author

Old radar men never die - Their echoes fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law
JPFisher55

Post by JPFisher55 »

Yes, I started late in scen 2. When I looked at my saved game late in scen 3, the action to award 150 points for sinking an amphibious ship left the side blank. So I filled in NATO and made some other adjustments of my own. Since, the saved game was right before I sunk the Soviet warships and amphibious ships, the change worked. I played the game until I got a major victory and am now starting scen 4.

I have enjoyed the first 3 scenarios, especially scenario 2. I refused to use nukes in scenario 1, but won anyway. I'll use nukes in the remaining scenarios where directed.
Northern Inferno is definitely worth more than the roughly $1.25 per scenario. I especially like the war reports.

Also, it brings me back to 1975, I was starting my junior year in college that late summer. I'm reminded of dial telephones, over the air TV with no cable, computers the size of a room and the last year that the St. Louis Football Cardinals were good.

I'll copy this post in the regular NI forum.
magi

Post by magi »

ORIGINAL: .Sirius

Hi I designed Northern Inferno, the first few scenario's are designed to ease new players into the way of Command as you go through the rest of the scenario's get harder , glad your enjoying Northern Inferno

oh... thank you sirius... your a good guy.....
Alecc

Post by Alecc »

Working through the new file ... every time I sink a transport, I get the scenario end dialogue even though there's time on the clock and I have yet to achieve victory. Game lets me keep playing, then it gives me another scenario end once I sink the next one!
MrOrange

Post by MrOrange »

Same to me.[&:]
ORIGINAL: Alecc

Working through the new file ... every time I sink a transport, I get the scenario end dialogue even though there's time on the clock and I have yet to achieve victory. Game lets me keep playing, then it gives me another scenario end once I sink the next one!
Rudd

Post by Rudd »

From the devs, repeated in a bunch of threads already
Hello,

This is as designed. On all the NI scenarios the player has the option of advancing to the next one as soon as he achieves a "minor victory" status (in this case, sinking the LST). Of course if he wants he can instead press on to achieve a greater victory.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

Hi all,

We identified an issue in Northern Inferno's scenario #3 (The Fast And The Furious) which caused problems with scoring. Specifically, the player side (NATO) was not awarded the correct points for neutralizing the Soviet amphibious group. This error has now been rectified.

An updated version of the scenario is available for download here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B205v ... jhmamR0R2c

Unzip to the following location: [root CMANO/NI installation folder]\Scenarios\Northern Inferno . Answer "yes" to any overwrite question.

(This will also be included on the next exe update, but we wanted to distribute this fix as fast as possible).

Our apologies to anyone who might have faced difficulty with this scenario because of the above error.

Happy hunting!

Quick update on NI #3. I tried it but did not get a score even after sinking one of the amphibious ships. I'm using the latest patch (575.9). I decided to open it up in the editor and see if there was anything I could spot there that might explain what was going on and when I started looking at Triggers, I got this (see below)...

I don't know if this means anything but I figured it was probably worth reporting.

I hope this helps.

(By the way, so far I am really enjoying Northern Inferno. Thanks for creating a fun set of scenarios.)

Attachments
FastandFurious1.jpg
FastandFurious1.jpg (155.6 KiB) Viewed 413 times
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Hi Mark,

This has been superseded by the updated scenario included in Build 757.8/.9 . Can you please try that and see if the issue persists?

Thanks!
Majick

Post by Majick »

I'm pretty sick of this tbh.

I have tried the scenario 3 times from start to finish.

The last time I was assured on this forum that the hotfix had resolved the issue.

I suggest you provide some sort of solution for us so we can skip this scenario, as I'm not prepared to waste any more hours gambling on whether you have actually fixed it this time. Why wasn't this scenario tested properly?

Not impressed....
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: Majick

I'm pretty sick of this tbh.

I have tried the scenario 3 times from start to finish.

The last time I was assured on this forum that the hotfix had resolved the issue.

I suggest you provide some sort of solution for us so we can skip this scenario, as I'm not prepared to waste any more hours gambling on whether you have actually fixed it this time. Why wasn't this scenario tested properly?

Not impressed....

Hello,

The scenario update included in Build 757.6 and later versions is widely reported to have resolved the scoring issue (see for example this playthrough: https://forums.spacebattles.com/posts/19562427/ ).

We are terribly sorry that the issue appears to persist on your installation. We assume you have updated to the latest public version (Build 757.10 at the moment). If you provide a more detailed description of what your situation is (e.g. "I sunk X and Y and haven't been awarded points"), or even better provide a save file, we might be able to further investigate your specific issue.

If this scenario proves insurmountable to you, you can still play any of the campaign scenarios in the other you desire by loading them as standalone scenarios ("Load scenario").

Thank you.

Return to “Command: Northern Inferno”