Playing Harpoon as a blind gamer

Harpoon Ultimate Edition is the best and most comprehensive compilation of computer Harpoon games ever assembled! The two flagship products in the Harpoon line up, Advanced Naval Warfare and Commanders Edition come highly expanded and improved from their previous versions. More than twenty classic versions of Harpoon are also included! Harpoon - Ultimate Edition is the most powerful and complete modern naval warfare simulation on the market and a must have for any Harpoon fan!
BlindGuyNW

Playing Harpoon as a blind gamer

Post by BlindGuyNW »

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this message is in the right forum, so if not please feel free to move it or advise where I should repost. :)
I just purchased Harpoon Ultimate Edition, largely on the strength of an article on SimHQ which I can't seem to link to. Granted, that discusses a beta version of the game, but the interface does not seem to have changed appreciably. I have always been interested in games with depth and complexity, and Harpoon definitely seems to offer that. i've also been blind since birth.
I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on how I ought to proceed. Much of the information provided by the game is textual in nature, but the map is also obviously important. As that article points out, I can't set courses for groups easily.
Given that someone obviously has been able to play the game and understand what was happening, I feel like it should be possible. I'm just not quite sure how to begin.
If anybody has suggestions, or tips on how to handle things in an automated fashion, or what have you, it would be greatly appreciated.
One thought I had was to begin with mostly stationary platforms, so I didn't have to worry about movement quite so much.
Other than that, I'm a bit lost. My screen reader is able to parse most of the controls in the game, thankfully.
If I can answer any questions or provide any more information, I'm happy to do so.
Thanks much in advance :)
CV32

RE: Playing Harpoon as a blind gamer

Post by CV32 »

Happy to report that 'BlindGuyNW' is being looked after at HarpGamer. [:)]
Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

Return to “Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition”