Editor - Create New Campaign Error

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

AlGrant

Editor - Create New Campaign Error

Post by AlGrant »

Build 757.9
In the editor I tried to create a new campaign using a couple of the scenarios from the community scenario pack.
After trying to create one I get a crash/error message (see attachment)

Steps taken:
=======================================================================
>Editor > Campaign > Create New

> Add Scenario > Added 3 scenarios from the Community scenario pack (Black Tiger I, II, III, 2015). Entered scenaro pass-score of 50 for each one.

> Entered 'Title & Description' dummy text
> Entered 'Ending Text' dummy text

Didn't add any attachments.

> Save Campaign 'TestCam.campaign' Saved in same Dir as scenarios.

Start menu > Campaign > Error! (attachment)

Click 'OK' on error box > 'Exit Command' pop up > 'Cancel'.

Campaigns menu opens up ..... No campaigns showing ... NI campaign now missing!

Go into Community Scenario Dir (where campaign file was saved) and delete TestCam.campaign

Open Start Menu > Campaing > NI is back again and works.

=======================================================================

This may well me doing something wrong as I can't find any instructions for creating a new campaign, but worth mentioning.

Not tried it but does the new user created campaign need to be in it's own directory and does it need an associated image file, like the Northern Inferno.png graphic?

I can understand my attempt to create a campaign not working but not sure why it would also impact NI.

Attachments
CampaignEditorError.jpg
CampaignEditorError.jpg (150.41 KiB) Viewed 94 times
GOD'S EYE DISABLED.
Dimitris

RE: Editor - Create New Campaign Error

Post by Dimitris »

Found it. You must be missing the Command.ico file from your Command installation folder. (The campaign code searches for a graphics file specified by the campaign file and if it doesn't find anything, it displays the Command.ico file).

I am attaching the Command.ico file, zipped. Please unzip it to your CMANO root folder and try again. (And let us know!)

Thanks.
Attachments
CommandIcon.zip
(80.38 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
AlGrant

RE: Editor - Create New Campaign Error

Post by AlGrant »

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

Found it. You must be missing the Command.ico file from your Command installation folder. (The campaign code searches for a graphics file specified by the campaign file and if it doesn't find anything, it displays the Command.ico file).

I am attaching the Command.ico file, zipped. Please unzip it to your CMANO root folder and try again. (And let us know!)

Thanks.

Excellent - That seems to have fixed it. [&o]

Saved the .ico file to Command root Dir. Opened CMANO editor then:
Editor > Campaign > Create New
Added 3 community scenarios to TestCampaign2, added scores to each and saved campaign file to the same directory as the scenarios.

Back to start menu and selected Campaign. The new campaign (showing Command.ico) is listed along with Northern Inferno. Both campaigns open correctly

Any reason why I'd be missing Command.ico ? I don't recall ever deleteing any Command files, or would this have happened when installing NI.

Thanks again

Al

P.S Question now is how long to wait before nudging Gunner98 to release a Northern Fury campaign[:D]

GOD'S EYE DISABLED.

Return to “Tech Support”