Editor and AI

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

governato

Editor and AI

Post by governato »

It 'd be great to read a short post on the editor+AI capabilities! Very excited about this game.

Also, will the players be able to create post-1941 scenarios using an appropriate weapon database?

Vic

RE: Editor and AI

Post by Vic »

I am working hard to have the DC : Community Project BETA exclusively available for download for any future DC : Barbarossa owners. For me the Community Project is the chosen way forward to support modding and scenario creation. I should give some more news on this soon. Finishing up as much as possible of the documentation.

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

@Vic

Does this mean a capable person armed with said editor will be able to build a 41-45 East Front scenario?

If so my interest in this game goes up about %1000, and I can remove several pretenders from my hard drive... not mentioning any names here :)
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: Michael T

@Vic

Does this mean a capable person armed with said editor will be able to build a 41-45 East Front scenario?

If so my interest in this game goes up about %1000, and I can remove several pretenders from my hard drive... not mentioning any names here :)

Well yes... But it would NOT have the same depth as Camerons Barbarossa.

I am planning to add more and more event libraries over time to the Community Project. But at its BETA launch (with the release of DC:Barbarossa) it will only have the basic VR event library.

This library includes the following:
http://www.vrdesigns.nl/atwiki/doku.php ... nt_library

Creating your own event libraries is also possible. However this would be something that is difficult and requires scripting in the advanced editor.

For more info on the new intermediate and simple editors look here:
http://www.vrdesigns.nl/atwiki/doku.php?id=dcx
(I am writing as we go- more to follow before release)

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Sounds promising all the same.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

Modding has changed the face of one franchise, the TO
T WAR folks now have gone from a simple game something like 12 years ago? not sure to a massive huge company of programers and artist who develope mass market level games.. not to trash or praise simply adding modding has allowed these games to transcend the tradition some what lackluster IA etc into some formidable titles with massive amounts of sales....
So a big THUMBS UP to allow modding
"Tanks forward"

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”