CWDB images not showing in game

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

cns180784

CWDB images not showing in game

Post by cns180784 »

Hi i recently reinstalled Command in the hope that it would solve the issue i'm getting with lag. That being after about 5 or 10 minutes playing a scenario the lag gets really bad. But the issue i'm raising for this thread is that since i reinstalled the game, i can no longer see the CWDB images for anything that i look up in the game DB. I can however see the images for DB3000.

Its weird coz i have all the images there in the CWDB folder along with the images for DB3000 but can only view them in game for DB3000 and not the CWDB units- anyone have any ideas why this is? also does anyone have any advice on maintaining the game speed and preventing lag? thanks in advance.
cns180784

RE: CWDB images not showing in game

Post by cns180784 »

Sorry i can in fact see images, some images in the CWDB, but doesnt seem to be many compared to DB3000. But still i have the issue of the lag and v1.09 is supposed to be faster but i seem to be getting more lag now than before with v1.08 which cant be right. Anyone know what the problem could be?
magi

Post by magi »

It seems to be much faster for me....
cns180784

Post by cns180784 »

Ahh well...just played the battle of Latakia scenario and had pretty much no lag and think i know why now- i had nothing else running, just steam and command, and steam was on my library games page so nothing else was updating or anything. The only time when there was a temporary severe bout of lag was when an update popped up for a new driver available for my nvidia card. Woohoo it seems, sweet, hopefully thats it now i can enjoy this game again.
CV60

Post by CV60 »

There are approximately 3X the number of images in the DB3000 database compared to the CWDB database. This is due largely to the recent images being more readily available than older images. If anyone wants to assist in helping with the image database, especially the CWDB images, I'm always looking for volunteers. ;-)
Sorry i can in fact see images, some images in the CWDB, but doesnt seem to be many compared to DB3000. But still i have the issue of the lag and v1.09 is supposed to be faster but i seem to be getting more lag now than before with v1.08 which cant be right. Anyone know what the problem could be?
“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” -Abraham Lincoln
Schr75

Post by Schr75 »

ORIGINAL: CV60

There are approximately 3X the number of images in the DB3000 database compared to the CWDB database. This is due largely to the recent images being more readily available than older images. If anyone wants to assist in helping with the image database, especially the CWDB images, I'm always looking for volunteers. ;-)

OK. I´ll bite. I´d like to help you build the image database.

Are there any guidelines I should be aware off?

Attached is a zip with what I have cobbled together as a demo. It contains the various Bison's, the Dserzhinsky Sverdlov class and the A32 and J32 version of the Swedish Lansen.

Hope this is usefull, otherwise let me know what I should do differently.

Søren

PS. I´m not satisfied with the J32_t1 image, but I haven´t figured out yet how to resize a PNG image to JPG and get it to show properly.
Attachments
CommandCWDBpics.zip
(4.36 MiB) Downloaded 7 times

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”