Mixed-ship groups - speed slider goes 'wacky'

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

ColonelMolerat

Mixed-ship groups - speed slider goes 'wacky'

Post by ColonelMolerat »

This seems to be a bug caused by having different types of boat in a group. It can be tested by creating three different boats types in the editor, grouping them, setting a waypoint and setting the group speed, while time is unpaused.

When you do this, the slider/input field 'resets' your speed to a different one. If you use the slider, it will jump massively up or down. If you type in an entry, it will change your value to a lower one.

The problem also occurs when you adjust the individual speeds of these different ship types within a group (eg, if you want two ships to move into formation, one at full speed, one at creep, while the third stays still).

----

Here is my original post in the general forum, before I worked out the cause. I thought I should include it in case it is useful in any way:
--

I have a group of three boats - 2 destroyers and a frigate.

They're cavitating at about 10 knots, so I wanted to slow them down. However, the speed slider jumps manically between values, settling several knots above or below what I want. If I type in a value, it 'resets' to one several knots above or below.

If I don't give the boats any waypoints, then individually set their speed, one of them works fine, the group works fine, but the rest jump.

If I give the group waypoints, none of the speed sliders work (in a group or individually).

If the game is paused, the sliders work until the game is unpaused, when it changes the values.

There is no mission assigned.

It's the 'First Contact 1957' scenario, if anyone wants to try it.

I've noticed there seems to be a pattern. It lowers whatever value I type in by a few knots. On the left is what I typed, on the right is what it changed to:

6 = 3
7 = 4
8 = 4
9 = 4
10 = 5
11 = 6
12 = 6
13 = 6
14 = 7
15 = 8
16 = 8
17 = 8

And so on...
renders

RE: Mixed-ship groups - speed slider goes 'wacky'

Post by renders »

will try... thanks for your time in posting details.
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Noted, thanks! Have already made some improvements to the window for 1.10, will put this on the list of things to look at as well.

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
ColonelMolerat

Post by ColonelMolerat »

Hurrah! It's a pleasure to help! It's great to see such active devs, and a game developing so nicely!

Return to “Tech Support”