Landing troops from Helio

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Chris21wen

Landing troops from Helio

Post by Chris21wen »

I'm trying to land troops from 12 helios in Kuwait but I can't. First I tried anywhere with no luck, then A in the pic. How do I do it please

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (65.35 KiB) Viewed 40 times
Major SNAFU_M

RE: Landing troops from Helio

Post by Major SNAFU_M »

Hello,

From the Mega-FAQ:

"How do I deploy troops from ships and aircraft?

They cannot be delivered as per Command v1.04, but you can use the Event Editor to model the delivery of SOF teams and the like."

Addendum from me: Maybe a LUA script would be the answer here? I haven't dabbled with LUA yet.

I don't know if this has changed as of 1.09 - but the FAQ does not indicate that this has changed.

Regards,
"Popular Opinion? What I suggest you do with 'Popular Opinion' is biologically impossible and morally questionable." -

"One ping to find them all,
One ping to link them;
One ping to promote them all,
and in the darkness sink them"
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Major SNAFU

Hello,

From the Mega-FAQ:

"How do I deploy troops from ships and aircraft?

They cannot be delivered as per Command v1.04, but you can use the Event Editor to model the delivery of SOF teams and the like."

Addendum from me: Maybe a LUA script would be the answer here? I haven't dabbled with LUA yet.

I don't know if this has changed as of 1.09 - but the FAQ does not indicate that this has changed.

Regards,

So the scenario as is unplayable as designed, pity.
Major SNAFU_M

Post by Major SNAFU_M »

Um. I don't know if I would jump to that conclusion so quickly. There are a lot of very clever people creating these scenarios, so my assumption would be that there is a way to accomplish the mission.

Which scenario is it? I am very much still in the learning curve on this game, but I would be happy to take a look-see. Also, if you mentioned the specific scenario in your topic thread (I think you can edit it even now), I wouldn't be surprised if the scenario designer dropped in to answer the question.

[/quote]

So the scenario as is unplayable as designed, pity.
[/quote]
"Popular Opinion? What I suggest you do with 'Popular Opinion' is biologically impossible and morally questionable." -

One ping to link them;
Sensei.Tokugawa

Post by Sensei.Tokugawa »

Yes, its is flawed apparently - I gave it a go some time ago and indeed there was no chance to land the troops even though the British marines were already loaded onto helos - the only chopper I sent there as a kind of advance guard crushed while hovering since it run out of fuel at minimum height, I guess it tried to return back on board, too. First the briefing itself did not shed any light what to do with the heliborne troops and where to land them so I assumed there was no proper trigger to effect the teleport transportation as per manual or something.

Indeed I managed to have repelled all of the attack waves and wrecked the Iraqi navy just to have 0 victory points assigned. I though I should have attacked the Soviets once they turned hostile, but I chose to allow them a safe distance passage instead not to turn an incident into open hostilities. That's that Kuwaiti 1961 scenario, right? Operation ...something. Needs tweaking to my best experience with that.
"-What if one doesn't make it?
-Then we know he was no good for SpetsNaz. ..."
V. Suvorov, "Spetsnaz;the Story behind the Soviet SAS"

...No escape from Passchendaele .../ God Dethroned, "Passiondale"

Major SNAFU_M

Post by Major SNAFU_M »

Operation Vantage - Got it.

One ping to link them;
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Major SNAFU

Operation Vantage - Got it.

That's the one. Just a general enquire on how so didn't post it as a bug as I might have been doing something stupid, again. Seems it is and is known.
Rory Noonan

Post by Rory Noonan »

Looking at the mission in the scen editor (never played it myself), there is no requirement to land troops anywhere. There is a mention of a planned helicopter assault in the briefing, but this is in the listing of friendly forces. The mission is stated as destroying any Iraqi forces that cross the border; execution doesn't mention landing troops anywhere either.

The scoring events mean that the whole point of the scenario is to destroy tanks and IFVs. The helos with marines etc aboard are there for flavour.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: apache85

Looking at the mission in the scen editor (never played it myself), there is no requirement to land troops anywhere. There is a mention of a planned helicopter assault in the briefing, but this is in the listing of friendly forces. The mission is stated as destroying any Iraqi forces that cross the border; execution doesn't mention landing troops anywhere either.

The scoring events mean that the whole point of the scenario is to destroy tanks and IFVs. The helos with marines etc aboard are there for flavour.

What you said is correct.

On the other hand:
If something is mentioned in the briefing it should be carried out in the scenario and not ignored.
If the components for carrying it out are present you should be able to carry it out.
Scoring is something you get when you have carried out something mentioned in the briefing.
If you do not do what it says in the briefing you get no score for it.
Any scenario played should be playable without the need to go into the editor. (At present I'm not interested in editor)
Sensei.Tokugawa

Post by Sensei.Tokugawa »

Throughout the entire length of the scenario there were only Iraqi air intrusions - starting with a weird wave of heliborne troops transports that were instantly minced after crossing the northern border - and their hostile vessels , otherwise no land component of their force ever got into sight even for an A/C which strayed deep into Iraqi territory. There is something wrong with the scenario or the way it is handled by the game in the gameplay.
"-What if one doesn't make it?
-Then we know he was no good for SpetsNaz. ..."
V. Suvorov, "Spetsnaz;the Story behind the Soviet SAS"

...No escape from Passchendaele .../ God Dethroned, "Passiondale"

pjb1

Post by pjb1 »

A lua script is the answer.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”