Concerned for your Success

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

warspite1

RE: Concerned for your Success

Post by warspite1 »

I cannot for the life of me imagine how this will play out and am not imaginative enough to envision what is even really meant by this option - but am intrigued and so you have my full attention!
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Hanal

Post by Hanal »

I am wondering if selecting the option simply changes some aspects of the game "under the hood" or are you presented with specific, potentially brutal or barbaric choices, in game, which alters the mechanics....
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

Partisans in Ukraine are a confusing lot. Anti Soviet partisans. Anti German partisans. Anti German and Soviet partisans.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
governato

Post by governato »

This thread should be renamed to 'I am overly excited about your future success' :)
Bozo_the_Clown

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

The more options the better even if I only use it once.
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi,

The option in question specifically relates to the Dark Side of the war. It's deliberately kept very generic and as unprovocative as possible so as to not offend anyone.

The reason it's there is to introduce a moral element to the model of Operational Command the game uses.

You'll be faced with decisions revolving around some curly moral issues. Everybody wants to 'do the right thing' but, as you'll find, this comes at cost in both relations and command resources.

The game makes no judgments on the unpleasant aspects of Barbarossa but it does aim to put you on the spot and highlight just how difficult it is to maintain a moral compass in the face of pressure from above and the scarcity of command resources.

As mentioned this part of the game can be toggled OFF for those who consider this a sensitive area. It's switched OFF by default.

Cheers,
Cameron
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

it will be interesting to see for sure.. is the manual released or was that just ateaser..
This game goes to the top of the list, hope its priced in my budget!
than ks to all for the hard work, we have come along way from AT!
"Tanks forward"
lparkh

Post by lparkh »

Even though I voiced my concerns for your success, I still wish you success and have just purchased the game. I admire what you are trying to do, even though I won't have time to play for awhile. So this purchase is a vote of support.
Nice Beta AAR report (I love seeing the logistical issues like truck distances modeled.. so key) as well as politics.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”