New to the Party

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

RangerX3X

New to the Party

Post by RangerX3X »

For the last day I have been tooling around in the editor in this game, and then it hit me like an ATGM: this is just like Operation Flashpoint, a game with a kick ass mission editor that (once you got into it) turned the game completely into something else. I ended up spending hundreds of hours in that game designing scenarios and whatnot.

The editor in this game is perhaps one of the most polished that I have seen in any video game, so major kudos for making that part of the package.

budd

RE: New to the Party

Post by budd »

Can we look forward to some of your scenarios[:)]
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
RangerX3X

Post by RangerX3X »

I am trying to put together something that hasn’t been done previously (as far as the stock game is concerned, by map and side). After looking through what is there I see that there are some maps available in the editor that doesn’t have any scenario constructed for them in the game (CA1, CS3, etc.). I also notice that there are a total of nine scenarios designed to be played as the Warsaw Pact (and all but one I believe are just the Soviet side of a previous NATO variant).

So basically I am working on a Warsaw Pact player focused scenario on a map that has not been used previously (or little such as R2 only being seen in a NATO scenario). Once I finish play testing it and have all the bells and whistles in place (briefing, etc.) I will post it for user feedback.

budd

Post by budd »

just a thought, but with the new update pending how will it affect the work your doing. Might be a question to ask before putting in all the time.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
WildCatNL

Post by WildCatNL »

ORIGINAL: RangerX3X
After looking through what is there I see that there are some maps available in the editor that doesn’t have any scenario constructed for them in the game (CA1, CS3, etc.).

I look forward to your WP scenarios. They are very welcome.

Just to clarify, all maps do have scenarios assigned them; the C* maps are used in the campaign scenarios (CA for American, CS for Soviet).

William
William
On Target Simulations LLC
RangerX3X

Post by RangerX3X »

ORIGINAL: **budd**

just a thought, but with the new update pending how will it affect the work your doing. Might be a question to ask before putting in all the time.

I am sure the new update will impact the scenario in how it plays, however I don’t feel that it will have a dramatic or unbalancing effect: I plan on to continue testing it now as well as after the update is published.
ORIGINAL: W1ll14m

Just to clarify, all maps do have scenarios assigned them; the C* maps are used in the campaign scenarios (CA for American, CS for Soviet).

William

Thank you very much for that clarification (as I have yet to dive into a campaign). Hopefully what I am doing presently with the map (CA 3) and scenario is not something replicated in those campaigns.

This is basically what my intention is (part of the Scenario Description):

Working Title: “The Butcher’s Bill”

The 15th Guards MRR were slated to be held in reserve until the third day of the war. When a detached American battalion happened upon their intended laagering area in Scheebel, Soviet High Command directed an immediate hasty (and unsupported) attack on the city.

Unaware that the West Germans who were pulled out to action elsewhere had left behind a myriad of minefields and improved positions, Moscow declared that the area must be secure by high noon.

Here is some recent post scenario data from a test I just completed:

Once I work on some things I will try and post a link here for feedback.

Edit 1: Just a quick question for those who know what they are doing: I don’t think I should be getting a Decisive Success here as the Soviets because the bottom three objectives (worth 2,000 Victory Points) were retained by NATO.

How can I best tweak this to where I have to capture at least 1,000 points from those three to get Marginal or Better?

Edit 2: I think I figured it out: if I add some incremental reinforcements such as a tank battalion or two it increases the percentage required for a Decisive Success up from 53% to 75%.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”