[ANSWERED] Database Editing -> Missing Databases

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Dragon029

[ANSWERED] Database Editing -> Missing Databases

Post by Dragon029 »

This is a first post, and I might have seen this as a touchy subject on another thread or two, but I'm trying to make edits to some the latest updates for experimentation / personal research and I've been finding that after editing a database, it's been disappearing from the database list. I'm not sure when this began, but in 1.05 I was able to edit databases (adding entirely new entries, etc) without causing this issue.

I thought it might have been something to do with the DBInfo.dat file, but I can't decipher what it contains and hash files / checksums I generate of the databases don't match any of the text inside the .dat.

Currently I'm using 1.09 (although the issue existed with 1.08 as well), non-Steam, and I've been using a program called sqlitebrowser to modify the databases.

Was the game altered to prevent modification, or am I failing to comply with some aspect of a game-integrity verification system?
mikmykWS

RE: Database Editing -> Missing Databases

Post by mikmykWS »

Yean. Its not touchy at all. There was some schema mods made but it wasn't targeting db editing specifically but trying to get other functionality into the game. This is a big reason why we're not currently supporting editing. We still have things we'd like add and can't be blocked or saddled with supporting the change + other people's edits. I hope you understand.

Best way to fix this if you do it is to just find clean copies of the databases and readd them to the folder copying over what you've edited.

Thanks!

Mike

Return to “Tech Support”