WIndows 10 mid game crashes

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

ewoku

WIndows 10 mid game crashes

Post by ewoku »

Hi,

I usually don't post to forums but I like this game, having logged over 300 hours. Lately, I haven't been able to
play a game far past pre-warp without a crash or crash while saving a file. I recently update to windows 10 and I was able to
get past the game won't start issue, but stability of the game, itself has been a problem while saving and random out of memory
errors. I have 8 GB of memory and have kept up the task manager to confirm that I'm not going over 50% usage when the OOM
or "can't save games error happen.

I always play the standard game and I did follow most of the suggestions on steam.

This is my last crash from being unable to save a game.

10:10:30 AM Initialize: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DWSteamAPI.GetAppID()
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Initialize(String crashLogPath)8:28:08 AM Initialize: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DWSteamAPI.GetAppID()
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Initialize(String crashLogPath)6:03:44 PM Finalizer: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Shutdown()5:44:43 PM Initialize: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DWSteamAPI.GetAppID()
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Initialize(String crashLogPath)11:06:13 PM Finalizer: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Shutdown()11:32:39 AM Finalizer: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Shutdown()2:33:53 PM Finalizer: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Shutdown()5:46:22 PM Finalizer: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Shutdown()11:10:06 PM Finalizer: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Shutdown()11:54:09 PM Finalizer: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Shutdown()1:28:18 AM Finalizer: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Shutdown()5:14:31 AM Finalizer: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Shutdown()10:58:30 AM Finalizer: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Shutdown()7:39:14 PM Finalizer: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Shutdown()11:02:56 PM Finalizer: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Shutdown()
zakblood

RE: WIndows 10 mid game crashes

Post by zakblood »

are you running it in compatibility mode of normal? full admin account? and do you have all the latest drivers installed for your hardware?

Microsoft XNA Framework version number, drx report will all help, thanks

tm.asp?m=3957927

another user with a win 10 error post ^^
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Tech Support”