Daniel McBride's new projects abandoned?

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

Olorin

Daniel McBride's new projects abandoned?

Post by Olorin »

Hi all,

Daniel McBride's scenario page in rugged defense hasn't been updated since 2010. It seems like he abandoned all his new TOAW projects for some reason. There were several great scenarios in the process of revamping and I was especially eager to get my hands on Drang nach Asien. What a shame...

p.s. Haven't seen Kurt (L'zard) around for ages either. Hope everything is OK.
sPzAbt653

RE: Daniel McBride's new projects abandoned?

Post by sPzAbt653 »

What I heard from someone else was that McBride said he wasn't interested in TOAW anymore.

I talked to Kurt, he had a stroke a couple years back and was in recovery. Hopefully he fully recovers and makes it back here some day.

Telumar also dropped from the scene, I received no reply when I e-mailed him. Hope all is well there.
ckacres

Post by ckacres »

Guess we need spec ops to go in and do a retrieval!
spec111

Post by spec111 »

Why? TOAW itself it is very nice form of escapism and epicureanism. So if some person wants to move to something new, more real, more fulfilled with direct experience and communication with real people thats nice. Thats definitely nice. And you know, with time and efforts that most of us spent to TOAW and related milhistory things u can get second-third education or bunch of interesting and very practical cources that can create very different life to you. But TOAW it is only TOAW, it is virtual simulation and stimulation as any game and infotainment, so when you turn off your PC you are in same place, in same role and with same problems. But for 2-3 hours poorer. [;)]

So Hala Danny! Have a nice life travel, man! And thx for your scens. [;)]

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”