Flashpoint Germany Reforged New Screenshots: a comparison

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

Daniele

Flashpoint Germany Reforged New Screenshots: a comparison

Post by Daniele »

The military doctrines of the Cold War required an incredible coordination and precision between the various combat arms. An impressive amount of firepower could be unleashed very quickly on multiple targets, breaching a prepared defence or turning a bold advance in an expanse of burning wrecks.

This volatile and dynamic nature of warfare in the information age is perfectly depicted in Flashpoint Campaigns: Germany Reforged – the upcoming Battle Pack for Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm - and to allow players to better experience this kind of warfare this Battle Pack comes with some completely new and upgraded maps and scenarios, based on the original Flashpoint Germany but brought up to the latest Red Storm standard.

We would like to share some examples with you, so we’ve included some screenshots from the old release compared to the new one! Feast your eyes!

Flashpoint Campaigns: Germany Reforged is a new Battle pack for Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm which allows veterans of the series and novices alike to play an advanced version of the all-time classic Flashpoint Germany as well as a new scenario on the brand new Eiterfeld mega-map. Alongside this release, we have a big update for Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm coming as well.

www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Screenshots/FPGR/01.jpg

www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Screenshots/FPGR/02.jpg

www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Screenshots/FPGR/03.jpg

www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Screenshots/ ... _Ami_1.jpg

www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Screenshots/ ... tish_1.jpg

www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Screenshots/ ... R_WG_1.jpg

www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Screenshots/ ... _Ami_1.jpg

www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Screenshots/ ... tish_1.jpg

www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Screenshots/ ... G_WG_1.jpg
pekische

RE: Flashpoint Germany Reforged New Screenshots: a comparison

Post by pekische »

The old map style of Flashpoint Germany looked really nice... I see it first time and it is charming..
kipanderson

Post by kipanderson »

Hi,

looking forward to the new pack..

Keep it coming.. !!

All the best,
kip.
RangerX3X

Post by RangerX3X »

ORIGINAL: pekische

The old map style of Flashpoint Germany looked really nice... I see it first time and it is charming..
I have been playing the old game quite heavily recently, and those maps were definitely a unique art style and quite impressive. However I would have to say I prefer the newer maps overall as they convey quite a bit of information rather quickly.
demiller

Post by demiller »

ORIGINAL: RangerX3X
I have been playing the old game quite heavily recently, and those maps were definitely a unique art style and quite impressive. However I would have to say I prefer the newer maps overall as they convey quite a bit of information rather quickly.

I'm glad to hear you say that, since I predicted you'd like the idea of this expansion in the Grogcast I did with the OTS guys. [:)]
AKA panzerde
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I noticed the map and the hills identified very easily, in the tutorial the hills not identified like this, maybe no hills in the tutorial?
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

The maps in Germany Reforged are a step more enhanced than those that came out with the Player's Edition last year. That's the difference to the tutorial.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Oh, thanks darwin, therefore, the maps in reforge are even better than the players edition.

Thanks for answering this question, nice
Lowlaner2012

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

Hi Capn Darwin, thanks for the update and dlc, is there any chance that the players edition maps might be updated to the quality of the reforged ones at some point in the future?

Cheers :-)
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

highlandcharge, there will be a maps discussion tomorrow morning in a dev session and we will be looking at the maps workload for upcoming projects and I can see if and when William may be able to do an updated set(s, there are both hex and grid). Right now we are focused on knocking out a handful of odd bugs with the 2.0.10 update and the GR release right now too.

JPV511

Post by JPV511 »

I agree, and not to discredit the current FPRS maps in any way, but the original FPG maps were truly marvelous.

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I actually had no idea the FPG maps were fictional. Had I known this, I may not have been as immersed. I'm glad to say, this is not the case with the FPRS maps.

Speaking of which, was there a discussion on why FPG had fictional maps?
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

JPV511, The old FPG maps were nice hand drawn maps with great detail but poor in being able to easily discern dominant terrain, elevation, or LOS in many cases. Our map goal is functionality with a good look and I think we are homing in on that perfect intersection with William's awesome map work.

As for fictional map discussion, so long ago I don't remember, but I think the old forum is still out there and could be searched.

ashandresash

Post by ashandresash »

Maps in Germany Reforged are gorgeous, it'd be great if Red Storm's would get updated to that standard.

On the other hand, I like them over the original ones. I can't deny a certain charm on FP Germany, but... they also seem unplayable compared to the new ones. Which, by the way, are among the best-looking maps in the current wargame scene. I wish you're having the commercial success that you deserve... we need you developing more FPC content [;)]
kosmoface

Post by kosmoface »

Lovely. Like them way better than the new ones. :(
WildCatNL

Post by WildCatNL »

ORIGINAL: kosmoface

Lovely. Like them way better than the new ones. :(

Have a look at the alternative graphics we're also offering (in this thread).
Perhaps one of these styles suits you better than the default one.

William
William
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”