Resizing small window on Win 7

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Rusty1961

Resizing small window on Win 7

Post by Rusty1961 »

Hello, I'm back playing the game and after putting in the new patch (beta) the screen is back to the small size.

I can't remember what I type to make the window fit the entire screen.

Any help appreciated.

Rusty
God made man, but Sam Colt made them equal.
BBfanboy

RE: Resizing small window on Win 7

Post by BBfanboy »

Check the Win 10 upgrade issues discussion, especially the fifth post by witpqs that talks about switches.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Rusty1961

Post by Rusty1961 »

Hello,

The last time I did this all I had to do was add an "-r" or something like that to the file.

I read the thread you suggested and it appears to be directed at Windows 10 or 8.1 users.

God made man, but Sam Colt made them equal.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Rusty1961

Hello,

The last time I did this all I had to do was add an "-r" or something like that to the file.

I read the thread you suggested and it appears to be directed at Windows 10 or 8.1 users.

Same switches apply for Win. 7, which I am using. My Desktop Icon's properties look like this:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -archive -deepColor -px1920 -py1080 -fixedArt -skipVideo

Setting the pixel width at 1920 and height 1080 fills the screen with 44 hexes wide instead of the 25 or so in the default setting. Of course the hexes and the all the other graphics and text are much smaller, but I can still read them. You will have to try out different things to see what works for your particular monitor/graphics card setup. You can always remove all the switches and start again if things go weird.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Return to “Tech Support”