new damage to factories?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Commanderski

new damage to factories?

Post by Commanderski »

When playing as Axis is there a quick way to tell if you have new damage to any of your factories? By looking through the CR and Production screen you can see which factories have damage but is there a way to tell if you received new damage during the turn?
Helpless

RE: new damage to factories?

Post by Helpless »

The only thing which comes into my mind is fowed damage increments on the battle site reports.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Rongor

Post by Rongor »

How could FoW affect his own factories?
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

How could FoW affect his own factories?

fowed damage increments on the battle site reports.
Pavel Zagzin
Rongor

Post by Rongor »

How could FoW affect damage increments on the battle site reports?
Aren't they accurate?
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Aren't they accurate?

No, when fow is on.
Pavel Zagzin
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

I find it very useful to go into the Production Screen. Filter by Nationality by clicking Germany on the top right.

You then get a list of stuff being produced. You can further sort by clicking Production Filter on, on the bottom right of the screen.

Now these are your factories. And what they are producing. Click on any of them..say Bf 109G-6. It will now give you a list of those factories listed in order of capacity, with the amount of damage they have.

You can do it for Heavy Industry or even manpower. While it doesn't give you the current turns damage, it is a very useful way to see where priority repairs need to be made.

For current turn you can go to the battle reports and list by battles, filter by clicking City Bombed, and sort by hitting Near. You now have a list of the actual cities that were bombed. You won't get damage, but it will give you an idea of what areas he is targeting. Although the graphic UI battle sites is usually good enough for me.

Finally you can always go into the Commanders Report, click on Locations then on Industry. at the bottom you can filter by damaged only and click on Ger to filter only German factories. You can sort any of the columns. The number in parenthesis is damage percentage.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
KWG

Post by KWG »

ORIGINAL: Rongor

How could FoW affect damage increments on the battle site reports?
Aren't they accurate?

Enthusiastic pilots.
"A word was said - a mare is standing by the fence."
Rongor

Post by Rongor »

ORIGINAL: Helpless
Aren't they accurate?

No, when fow is on.
I still don't get it.
Why and how are my own factories affected by FoW? Shouldn't Fow only affect the player's knowledge of his enemy's assets? Do we now have to send strategic recon overhead our own factories?
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Damage to your factories are not affected by FOW, but displayed on the battle report damage done to your factories during enemy turn is affected.
Pavel Zagzin
Rongor

Post by Rongor »

Thanks for the clarification!

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”