Following the action

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

ltsmash

Following the action

Post by ltsmash »

In the message log, I'll get a message such as "11:32:47 PM - Weapon: Wk46 LWT Mod 1#4755 has impacted B-95" Generally, I think this is great news. The problem is that I do not know what B-95 is? I don't have a target named B-95. I have lots of Russian subs in the water but none are named B-95.

Along these lines, when dealing with multiple units fighting multiple engagements, how do you determine who just fired a weapon? I get a sound effect, but unless I'm looking at the unit firing (and even then it can be difficult to tell), I don't know who shot what at who.

Any advice? Or maybe the advice is that I'm micromanaging the game too much.
Alecc

RE: Following the action

Post by Alecc »

You can set the triggers for these in the preferences >> message settings dialogue. You have one checkbox to put the event into the message window, and another check box to stop the game and give you a pop-up. If you're in the mood to micro, just enable pop-ups next to any combat-related thing, and then click 'Jump To' in the window.
FTBSS

RE: Following the action

Post by FTBSS »

This is one of the recent changes for realism , the message window used to give details that you as a commander would not have like sub name destroyed on an unidentified target or damage to SSN Sierra II when you attacked an unknown contact. I don't know the naming convention the developers are using like b-95

we used to use a similar thing on subs like s-1 is a subsurface contact first one of patrol until identified C-1 is first surface contact and so on I think this is what the development team is doing.

Hope this helps.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”