The Unplayable Scenario!

Moderator: Jason Petho

BeirutDude

The Unplayable Scenario!

Post by BeirutDude »

So I'm guessing a 1 & 1/2 Syrian Corp vs. 1 IDF Udga plus Northern Command support played at platoon Level is probably unplayable! What's an hour for the A/I to play a turn amongst friends! [:D]

Actually I had a reason for creating that monster and that was comparing the grand Scenario I did for Modern Campaigns to CS:ME for more reasonable scenario development sizes. was fun watching the A/I go at it for a few turns though. [:-]
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
Jason Petho

RE: The Unplayable Scenario!

Post by Jason Petho »

How did it do?

You could play something like that H2H though!

Jason Petho
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

Did you share this scenario somewhere? I am big fan of team PBEMs like 2x2 or 3x3, each player controlling one organic unit [:)]
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Crossroads,

No I designed it to use as a reference. SPI is dead, long live the unplayable monster game! [:D][:)]

Maybe in the end I'll put it all together?

Al
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: Beachinnole

Crossroads,

No I designed it to use as a reference. SPI is dead, long live the unplayable monster game! [:D][:)]

Maybe in the end I'll put it all together?

Al

Yes please [:)]

I am quite a fan for big scenarios, especially with equal forces. Great fun as 2x2 or 3x3 team PBEMs
---
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Be careful of what you wish for! [:D][8D]

Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

These large H2H team scenarios are the creme de la creme as far as I am concerned [:)]
---
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Jason.

Then I think you will like two 1985 scenarios I sent to Jason last night. [8D] "Rafid" and "Night" both cover the southern Golan. "Rafid" covers 17 August 1985 14:00-20:00 (60 turns) and the Syrian 5th and 7th Divisional assault on the IDF 188th Brigade + and "Night" (18 August 00:00-05:00 - 50 turns) covers the Syrian 4th "Assad" Armored Division's exploitation the night of the 18th as IDF 252nd Reserve Armored Udga fills the hole. Visibility is 4 hexes as there was no moon that night, so both stumble in the dark and recon earns its pay!

The other scenarios have all be reworked and everything now works off one master OOB for 1985.

Al

Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

That's awesome, Al!

I'll spend some time and update the bmp's for you over the week.

Thank you for your efforts, Al!!

Jason Petho

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”