Steel Panthers Generals Edition Pricing

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

me262a

Steel Panthers Generals Edition Pricing

Post by me262a »

I have been playing Steel Panthers since Windows 95 and have enjoyed the series. When Steel Panthers World at War
edition came out for XP I was very grateful and was not resentful at all about the Generals Edition costing about
$50 dollars. That was in the Year of Our Lord 2000. I still have a very good stand alone XP machine and still like
to play the World at War edition. The year is now 2015 and you are still charging $49 for the download of the
Generals Edition. Haven't you made enough money from the Generals Edition to bring down the price after 15 years?
aaatoysandmore

RE: Steel Panthers Generals Edition Pricing

Post by aaatoysandmore »

I think you need to understand the value of "wargames" these are not your run of the mill "video games" these are long lasting quality wargames that keep their value over many years.

I have more understanding for pricing of wargames now after seeing some prices of boardwargames. Many of the older titles not only hold their value but go up in price.

Now, some of these new ones I wouldn't give a plug nickel for but the older ones still have a lot more value. Many wargames stand the test of time and aren't your STEAM kids games that drop to $5 or less in a short time. They don't hold value because they don't have much replay value and most of them don't have any ai to speak of at all.

I think you and others are getting a deal to only have to pay $50 for the Generals Edition. That's a lot of game for a very fair price. Unlike many of these DLC rim jobs that are coming out today. Try to buy a full set of Battlefront's Combat Mission CMx2 and you'll see the difference in pricing. When they get through a whole set of the CMx2 series just for WWII will cost you upwards of $600 if you buy them all. In the General Edition you get all of that for $50. Mighty fine price I think.[:)]
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

^^^

You forgot to tell him to get off your lawn. [;)]
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I believe these games should be lower in price in the 19.99 range. I think you would sell more of them. Steam has good sales and 6. Bucks for a few hours of gaming is great. Just my opinion and I love always.
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Return to “General Discussion”