Groups viewed in Unit View Mode

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

NickTheNinja

Groups viewed in Unit View Mode

Post by NickTheNinja »

Hi,

I'm very impressed with Command :)

I've installed the 1.09 update. I see that team leader symbols (when viewed in 'unit view' mode) still clash with the group symbol. Is this a feature to be able to quickly identify the team leader? My issue is that if say a surface group has a carrier as team leader, then we can never see the carrier symbol.

Detailed explanation:

A group, when viewed in 'group view' mode, is the group symbol placed where the team leader is.
When switch to 'unit view' mode, all the units appear (as individual unit symbols) except that the team leader is displayed as both the individual unit symbol PLUS the group symbol (superimposed).

Anyone else see this? I guess it might be a feature (to be able to quickly locate the team leader) but I'd prefer a small flag in an upper corner (which I think is how Harpoon did it) as opposed to putting the group symbol over the unit symbol.

Thank you,
Nick
Gneckes

RE: Groups viewed in Unit View Mode

Post by Gneckes »

I think what you're describing is due to the fact the Group doesn't get dissolved just because you switch to Unit View mode. Personally, I haven't found a good way around it yet.
ExNusquam

Post by ExNusquam »

If a carrier is the Group Leader, then when the group image should be of the carrier. That is more than adequate for me.
NickTheNinja

Post by NickTheNinja »

Aircraft and surface groups, when viewed in 'group view', are shown by their corresponding group symbol (3 small planes or ships, if using stylized icons).

The symbol clashing occurs when viewed in 'unit view', where the group leader is shown as both the individual unit symbol and also the group symbol (on top of one another).
This means that if a carrier is in a group and the group leader is the carrier, then the carrier unit symbol is obscured by the group symbol.
ExNusquam

Post by ExNusquam »

Yes, I understand that. I just fail to see how that's a problem?
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

A screenshot or two would help tremendously :)

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
NickTheNinja

Post by NickTheNinja »

A surface group viewed in Unit View:

The group leader (a carrier) is displayed as both a carrier symbol and a surface group symbol (overlapped).

Attachments
GroupinUnitView.jpg
GroupinUnitView.jpg (43.05 KiB) Viewed 110 times
NickTheNinja

Post by NickTheNinja »

It should look like this:

(I have disbanded the group to show the carrier symbol).

Attachments
Units.jpg
Units.jpg (35.97 KiB) Viewed 110 times
NickTheNinja

Post by NickTheNinja »

Just a cosmetic issue for those who would like to see the carrier icon :)

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”