Leader's bio

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Gribeauval

Leader's bio

Post by Gribeauval »

I'm currently playing the Manassas scenario.
I couldn't get any leader's bio by right-clicking on the picture of the leader as explained in the manual.

I have discovered that I could get the leader's bio by right-clicking on the picture of weapons used by a unit that is under the command of this leader.
For instance, to get the bio of the general Mac-Dowell, I select an union regiment and right-click on the picture of its rifle.

(and thanks again for this wonderfull game !)
Gil R.

RE: Leader's bio

Post by Gil R. »

I only now clicked on this, since from the title I thought it was a low-priority report of an error in a bio, and see that it's a technical issue. I've asked Eric to take a look and let us know what this might be. No one else is reporting such an issue, to my knowledge.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

At what resolution are you running the game? Do you see any other problems when trying to click or mouse-over things?
Gribeauval

Post by Gribeauval »

I'm running the game at 1368 x 760.

Yes, there is another problem : after having quited the game and relaunched it, this thing (getting the bio by right-clicking on a weapon's picture) doesn't happen anymore.
I simply can't get the bios of the generals who have an asterisk on their portrait.
When I right-click on the picture of a weapon, the unit using this weapon changes its direction.

I have started playing with version 105 and I can't remember having been able to read any bio of any general in the past.
I was surprised to get these texts by right-clicking on the weapon of a unit.

Gribeauval

Post by Gribeauval »

I'm really confused.
I have relaunched my game and I don't have any issue now to get the bios by clicking on the portrait of the generals.
Everything seems working as designed.
I don't understand at all what has happened. I was sure at 90% that something was wrong when I wrote my first post.

Sorry to have wasted your time unnecessarily.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

No problem, glad to hear it's working for you. Let us know if any problems happen again.

Return to “Tech Support”