Opponent or opponents Wanted WW2 44'

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Vic

ArmouredLion

Opponent or opponents Wanted WW2 44'

Post by ArmouredLion »

Have two games going (first two of PBEM) and have cut my teeth a bit in PBEM and the Bombur mod. Love the historicity of it and would like to do a WW2 semi historic battle set in 44' with someone or someone's. I am currently setting up my workbench to paint up two WW2 model companies, so a good battle would be extra juice for the mojo sauce. I was thinking Operation Bagration if eastern or Cobra western. Without getting too crazy, generate a land based random map with Bombur's mod and some minor tinkering (change town names and nationalities)to make it a semi historic setup with a division or corp sized battle. I'd do the work as far map construction (with some advisal help). Anyway, thanks in advance, if anyone is interested.

Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (10.5 KiB) Viewed 99 times
ironduke1955

RE: Opponent or opponents Wanted WW2 44'

Post by ironduke1955 »

Forgive me are you making a Mod if you are, might be a idea to move this thread to the Mod forum, where you will find a strange creature called Modicum Insanus these guys will assist with the Gordion knot that is ATG modding. We single celled organisms called gamer's (I count myself as one of these) would not know where to start.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

Hey brother, was just trying to get a semi historic game going with bomburs as a back bone and light adjustments on the random map to create a facsimile of 44 Europe or russia. Honestly, my love for this game and this community is very high...as a newbie, at least in the pbem sense, I am just trying to get traction and gameplay - I'm married with children and avenues for solace are precious. Strategic and tactical games are and have always been an avenue of imaginative, historic and personal exploration, and having the opportunity to battle wits, for lack of better jargon, in a WW2 setting, against the likes of individuals of your caliber, in the realm of strategy and history, while stranded in a sense in a foreign country as I am, is like a ravenous bear to a broken hive dripping with honey. I was just trying to get a random battle going. But, I'll remove the post..if I can.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

No need to delete the thread it gives no offense, its just that minor tinkering is in the realm of the Modder like Bomber who will give you tips on how to tinker a area where this particular gamer would fear to tread.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

Bombur

Post by Bombur »

My mod was intended to be used as a template for histric or semi-historic scenario building, in the way you suggest. However, I don´t think the scale is useful for operational scenarios, due to hex size (50km) and turn lenght (15 days). It could, however, simulate the last year of war at strategic level, the only trouble being the incomplete list of equipment.
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

Hey guys, really appreciate your input and time. Bombur you are the modder – I'm less than a pleb in that area. I started playing around with it because I was trying to get the enhanced mod and leaders into your mod...When I failed miserably at that, I took the real mod and meshed it with the enhanced suite, as at the very least I wanted the historic pics instead of the graphic ones. SO I have a very rudimentary look under the hood. Question I have is km distance adjustable? I'd assume not or you would have mentioned it. Second question I have is are there any mods (not scenarios) similar that operate on an operations level? If not, I guess I'll scrap the idea and maybe try to find a player who would like to us one of the WW2 scenarios like the Ardennes or close facsimile there off, or just wait for another game on the strategic level to spring. All in all at least I broke my fear of tinkering with the adjustments or code as it would be called. Thanks in advance to both of you.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

When you are happy with the result of your modding, give the word and I will be available as a opponent.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”