Unit (Aircraft/Ships) pictures not shown ingame

Command: Northern Inferno is a DLC for Command: Modern Operations. Set in 1975, the Cold War is omnipresent and beneath the veneer of détente the tension between the two superpowers irreversibly escalate towards the ultimate confrontation.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Wiggum

Unit (Aircraft/Ships) pictures not shown ingame

Post by Wiggum »

Hi !

I own only Northern Inferno, not the base game.
Ingame i dont have to unit pictures as shown here (Phantom aircraft pictured):
http://matrixgames.com/files/games/589/ ... 065756.jpg

There is a database folder with tons of pictures but i dont see them ingame.

Is there a option to activate that or what ?
I have the Steam version and start the game as administrator. Win7 64Bit PC

Thanks !
Wiggum

RE: Unit (Aircraft/Ships) pictures not shown ingame

Post by Wiggum »

I found out something interesting:

In the tutorial scenarios you never see any pictures, not even in the database viewer !
If i load a campaign scenario i see those pictures on the right side (unit status) and in the database viewer !

Looks like a BUG.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

No bug

The campaign comes with pictures. The tutorials would rely on installing the community image pack.

Thanks

Mike
Wiggum

Post by Wiggum »

Why that ?
That makes no sense...
The pictures are included into the database and because the tutorials use the same database as the campaign (the whole game uses it) it should show pictures too.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

The databases are different but that's not the issue. We have the rights to use NI images so we can include them. For everything else we've given the players the ability to add their own images. They in turn built an image pack which you can find here.

http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876

This process involves downloading a file and moving the contents to a folder. Not a huge ask.

Thanks!

Mike
Wiggum

Post by Wiggum »

And how would that work ?
What kind of name does a image file need and in what directory does it need to be to show up in the tutorial scenarios ?

Thats just the silly wargame stuff ordinary gamers will never get and thats why they they are not attracted to such games...god everything is so complicated and unlogical...
Roadtruck

Post by Roadtruck »

If you look at the database everything has a number (e.g. an A.400M Grizzly is #1423). If you look at the image pack, the corresponding image in the folder will be Aircraft_1423.

This means that all you need to do is name the image file Aircraft_X, where X is the corresponding # number. If you want to add a submarine imagine you would name the file Submarine_X etc.

You can also add more images to the same database entry by adding to the file name. This looks like Aircraft_X_tY, where Y corresponds to image order (tier?). So Aircraft_73_t1 is second image on Aircraft 73's database page, Aircraft_73_t2 is third, etc.

This all goes into Command/DB/Images/Z, where Z is the database containing the platform (e.g. Command/DB/Images/DB3000 for the A.400M Grizzly).

If you download the pack you don't need to do any of that, just move it into the right DB folder...
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: Wiggum

And how would that work ?
What kind of name does a image file need and in what directory does it need to be to show up in the tutorial scenarios ?

Thats just the silly wargame stuff ordinary gamers will never get and thats why they they are not attracted to such games...god everything is so complicated and unlogical...

Is there something I can help clarify? Instructions are on that page.

Thanks!

Mike
Wiggum

Post by Wiggum »

Thanks, got it.

Return to “Command: Northern Inferno”