surface vessel stops when issuing a new destination by F3

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Rongor

surface vessel stops when issuing a new destination by F3

Post by Rongor »

In the second NI scenario I noticed after some time that none of my surface vessels was still moving.
After investigating this behavior I realized that whenever I order new destinations by F3, the vessels halt, coming to a full stop.
Workaround is to set the speed manually with F2 every time after the F3 key was used.

Btw, it doesn't seem to happen if the sim is paused while issuing the new F3-course. Then the current speed remains alive after unpausing.

I attached a save, the HMS Leander currently stopped, although it has a set destination, speed on auto. F3 alone can't put it back into motion though.
HMS Plymouth is currently running with 30 kts. It slows down to stop after hitting the F3 key. Setting the new destination doesn't force it to any movement.
Again, the sim mustn't be paused to witness that behavior.

Thanks!
Attachments
de047b65f..84a789e9.zip
(67.99 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Rongor

RE: surface vessel stops when issuing a new destination by F3

Post by Rongor »

I wanna add that in some cases the vessels do not instantly slow down but they do so the latest when F3 key was hit and you didn't click the new destination within the very first second afterwards. So if you hit F3 and klick fast to the new destination, it may not happen.
Rongor

Post by Rongor »

Now I can tell that this only happens with single ships, not with groups of ships. A group behaves as normal. Single units set their speed to zero after F3 order was issued. Even if you then set the speed manually with F2, it will again stop with the following F3 command.

Build 757,5
Runibl

Post by Runibl »

I recorded this video while trying it, might help visualize it (should be what you described).
https://youtu.be/3jMfRkt1Yyo
Rúni.
Rongor

Post by Rongor »

yes, that is it! And even if you issue speed by F2, it automatically stops again when F3 is used again.
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Hi guys, thanks for reporting [8D]

Have debugged it and found the source. This is an old issue and too risky to fix in a patch for 1.09, so saving it for Command 1.10. The behaviour is only observed for single ships, and only while the game is running.

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
Rongor

Post by Rongor »

Great to know, thank you!

Return to “Tech Support”