Problems adding DLC

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Foxendown

Problems adding DLC

Post by Foxendown »

I have Command WOTY edition patched to 1.09. To add the DLC do I really have to download the whole 3.6 Gb again or is there some way I can activate the new content with the new serial? I ask because current download time is shown as 26 hours. I am assuming here that the new NI content already resides in the 1.09 patch and just needs activating. But even if that is not the case, normally adding DLC doesn't require a complete reinstall.
AlGrant

RE: Problems adding DLC

Post by AlGrant »

ORIGINAL: Foxendown

I have Command WOTY edition patched to 1.09. To add the DLC do I really have to download the whole 3.6 Gb again or is there some way I can activate the new content with the new serial? I ask because current download time is shown as 26 hours. I am assuming here that the new NI content already resides in the 1.09 patch and just needs activating. But even if that is not the case, normally adding DLC doesn't require a complete reinstall.

I had the same question >> See Here
The 2 replies below my question provide the solution.

Basically once you purchase NI you get given your activation code, you then run the v1.09 installer again and enter this code.
No need to do the full 3gb download.
GOD'S EYE DISABLED.
smudge56

Post by smudge56 »

A lot of people have been asking the same question so don't worry. I myself was confused by the fact it created two versions in the start menu for me which has been discussed elsewhere. It seems some of us have had it create something even the developers weren't expecting. So don't worry.
AKA - Smudge
Foxendown

Post by Foxendown »

Thanks for your replies. Reinstalling 1.09 and trying to put the new S/N in was exactly what I did first and I got "invalid code" so I figured that was not the way to do it. This was a over completely clean install patched to 1.08. I'll check what I did again though, perhaps I made a mistake. I'm relieved to learn I don't need the whole lot as download time was 29 hours last time I checked.
AlGrant

Post by AlGrant »

I'm relieved to learn I don't need the whole lot as download time was 29 hours last time I checked.

Although my CMANO NI is fully working I wanted a download as a backup and clicking the link I got in my purchase confirmation email takes me to a download (via bluesnap.com) that is runs at 20-25kB/s at best and would take 2-3 days to download (I think even that is optimistic).

Downloading via the Matrix CMANO product downloads page is much quicker at around 1,800 KB/s.

GOD'S EYE DISABLED.
pz501

Post by pz501 »

Much the same problem here as well.

I did not purchase NI, and my understanding was that I could simply update from 1.08 to 1.09 using the downloaded update (from the links provided in various threads - it took a while to find these, since they're not 'advertised' very well).

The download went OK, and really didn't take much time at all, and I installed using my CMANO serial number. (I own the Matrix-direct version, NOT Steam.)

I also discovered that I somehow had gotten two installs: CMANO and CMANO: War Game of The Year Edition.

Both installs would start, and both of them were locked out as far as opening or playing ANY scenario is concerned (obviously, I've no access to the NI material - didn't purchase it).

I've read and tried everything so far posted about how to overcome this (including running as administrator, etc.) but with no luck. The same problem occurred when I uninstalled both versions, and manually deleted all residual files and registry entries. This was with a clean install patched up to 1.08.

For now, I'm going to uninstall, and wait until a definitive solution is arrived at. What I think might be needed is a downloadable 1.09 patch that has absolutely no NI reference or material in it. For Matrix-direct versions please, the Steam version seems to have been the top priority so far
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: pz501

Much the same problem here as well.

I did not purchase NI, and my understanding was that I could simply update from 1.08 to 1.09 using the downloaded update (from the links provided in various threads - it took a while to find these, since they're not 'advertised' very well).

The download went OK, and really didn't take much time at all, and I installed using my CMANO serial number. (I own the Matrix-direct version, NOT Steam.)

I also discovered that I somehow had gotten two installs: CMANO and CMANO: War Game of The Year Edition.

Both installs would start, and both of them were locked out as far as opening or playing ANY scenario is concerned (obviously, I've no access to the NI material - didn't purchase it).

I've read and tried everything so far posted about how to overcome this (including running as administrator, etc.) but with no luck. The same problem occurred when I uninstalled both versions, and manually deleted all residual files and registry entries. This was with a clean install patched up to 1.08.

For now, I'm going to uninstall, and wait until a definitive solution is arrived at. What I think might be needed is a downloadable 1.09 patch that has absolutely no NI reference or material in it. For Matrix-direct versions please, the Steam version seems to have been the top priority so far

I would install the basic game and apply the 1.09 update. The NI structure will be there to support those that have purchased it.

If you continue to have issues with the download let me know where you grabbed it from. There are generally two files but they are for the same install. (part 1 and 2 kind of thing)

All of our customers get priority. I don't care where anybody buys the game.

Thanks!

Mike

Return to “Tech Support”