Lose removals not in sync - Poland

Please post only issues involving NetPlay here. All other issues should go in the main Tech Support sub-forum.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

abulbulian

Lose removals not in sync - Poland

Post by abulbulian »

version: 2.0.2.3

I've run into a serious issue (game stopper) around unit removals after combat results. Essentially Polish units that my opponent removed during combat phases did not get removed from my WiF GUI. Which caused a dead end in our game for now. Here's the reproduction steps:

phase 1

- German attacks three Polish units def points = 9 (1 + 3 + 5).
- Combat results have 1 Polish unit destroyed.
- the 1 strength unit is removed by allies. On the axis side I didn't see it removed.
- even thought we were concerned about this GUI sync issue on the 1 Polish unit, we decided to play on

phase 2

- Germans attack the same hex which still shows all three units and a def = 9.
- Combat results in all enemy units removed.
- allied player removes all three units
- once again on the axis GUI the units don't appear to be removed.
- the axis player can't adv after combat since the hex is still occupied by supposedly eliminated units [:(]
- Germans attack Warsaw and get a shattered results (which I believe removes units)
- once again allies removed units
- Germans can't adv into Warsaw since again the Polish units do not appear removed [:(]

I'll attach the last German autosave turn which starts in phase 3 showing the issue (see screenshot). In the screen shot you can still see combat arrows on Warsaw from the phase 2 combat resolution. Once I get the same autosave from the allies (Bill), I'll post that as well.

My questions / concerns

- obviously I'm wondering how this could happen for something as basic as combat loses?
- I seem to remember this issue occurring years ago and filed bug report on it back in 2014. Was there a recent regression???
- can this be fixed in turn files or do we have to restart (once we know issue is resolved in patch?)?
thanks

Attachments
20151023_c..nc_issue.gif
20151023_c..nc_issue.gif (502.24 KiB) Viewed 280 times
- Beta Tester WitE and ATG
- Alpha/Beta Tester WitW and WitE2

"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu
abulbulian

RE: Lose removals not in sync - Poland

Post by abulbulian »

Here's the axis autosave in phase 3 land movement of the 1st turn.
Attachments
LandMovem..s_phase3.zip
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 7 times

"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu
abulbulian

Post by abulbulian »

Here's the allies autosave in phase 3 land movement of the 1st turn.
Attachments
LandMovem..s_phase3.zip
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 7 times

Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

I have fixed this in 2.0.2.5.

I am undecided when to make this available. On the one hand I would like to give the code that fixes this and other bugs to players. On the other hand, I want to give the beta testers (and myself) some more time for testing NetPlay: naval movement sequences in particular.

EDIT: No I haven't! I didn't read your post well enough. I'll use your saved games to fix this - it shouldn't be difficult to do.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
abulbulian

Post by abulbulian »

Thanks Shannon,
Bill and I started another game with 2.0.2.4 yesterday (10/23) and have not seen this issue occur again. We got through the fall of Poland and into turn 2 without any issues. We'll continue play testing our game and report any issues. We plan to play to 1945 [:'(]

Titan

Post by Titan »

ORIGINAL: abulbulian

Thanks Shannon,
Bill and I started another game with 2.0.2.4 yesterday (10/23) and have not seen this issue occur again. We got through the fall of Poland and into turn 2 without any issues. We'll continue play testing our game and report any issues. We plan to play to 1945 [:'(]

Whats ur Secret...I cant even get past the Barbarossa setup without an Issue? Last time I got to Russia calling out reserves
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Titan

ORIGINAL: abulbulian

Thanks Shannon,

Whats ur Secret...I cant even get past the Barbarossa setup without an Issue? Last time I got to Russia calling out reserves
What optional rules do you use? That might make a difference.

You aligned Finland (I believe from another of your posts). That was on the first impulse?

If you can provide details on what you did and what went wrong, maybe I can recreate the problem and fix it.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Titan

Post by Titan »

Im slecting just the Barborossa Scenario, Optional rules I use are the standard set. I go Axis....I watched the Russian player set up no Problem at all. I finished my Set up and then ended that Phase which then went to Russia calling out reserves of which my opponent selected yes. After about 5 minutes I emailed him to find out that he had already done that and was waiting for me to set up the minors...Finland. As Axis my screen left me with still waiting in the calling out reserves phase.

Cheers
Titan

Post by Titan »

FYI, We don't use Netplay chat as game stops. We communicate by email...if there is something in there
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

I recommend using Skype audio or at least Skype text chat while playing. The chat on Skype is little easier to use as it is kept separate from the game GUI that way.
Paul
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

ORIGINAL: Titan

Im slecting just the Barborossa Scenario, Optional rules I use are the standard set. I go Axis....I watched the Russian player set up no Problem at all. I finished my Set up and then ended that Phase which then went to Russia calling out reserves of which my opponent selected yes. After about 5 minutes I emailed him to find out that he had already done that and was waiting for me to set up the minors...Finland. As Axis my screen left me with still waiting in the calling out reserves phase.

Cheers
Myself and another beta tester tried this tonight and it all worked fine. Here's what I think happened to you guys, because I recently did the same thing in Global War netplay before realizing my error. Your Russian player clicked "Yes" to call out reserves but then you have to select them and put them on the map. Either he somehow skipped that after clicking "Yes" (which would still be a bug if the game allows him to end the phase) or he thought the game had moved on to the axis doing alignments so he was waiting for you but the game was waiting for him.

This is why I suggested something more real time than emails for communicating while in Netplay.
Paul

Return to “NetPlay Tech Support”