NI scenario #1 ends upon reaching 700 score points

Command: Northern Inferno is a DLC for Command: Modern Operations. Set in 1975, the Cold War is omnipresent and beneath the veneer of détente the tension between the two superpowers irreversibly escalate towards the ultimate confrontation.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Rongor

NI scenario #1 ends upon reaching 700 score points

Post by Rongor »

I noticed that after achieving 700 points, the result screen appears automatically, although I am still at it, tracking and attacking three valid targets. Although the victory screen is offering me to go ahead with the next scenario, I can then close the window and continue playing. This repeats with every additional 100 points. I felt convinced to follow the proposal of continuing with the second campaign scenario after I had achieved the "triumphant" 1000 points, since there apparently were no valid seaborne targets anymore.

I don't really care about the points or major/triumphant victory.

Only wondered why the scenario considers to end itself although I have still several targets and 2d 21hrs left.
michaelm75au

RE: NI scenario #1 ends upon reaching 700 score points

Post by michaelm75au »

You only need to score the minimum points to proceed to the next scenario. The minimum was 6(?) subs sunk I think - don't have game open at the moment.
Michael
Rongor

Post by Rongor »

Exactly, and this feels pretty odd for the player since his orders are "prosecute all Soviet submarines". So being told to end the scenario although you have Orions circling overhead three detected Soviet subs is somewhat strange. It remains inconclusive for the player why he suddenly may stop to fulfill the mission, especially when the time limit is far ahead and own losses are absent.
smudge56

Post by smudge56 »

Rongor has a fair point I too had Subs which hadn't been taken out.
AKA - Smudge
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

IIRC when you receive the "reached pass score" notification, there is nothing blocking you from further playing the scenario if you want to. It's just a notification that you can now advance to the next scenario in the campaign if you wish.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

You will find that as you progress thru the campaign, scoring begins to get a bit tougher, and your losses affect scoring.
Michael

Return to “Command: Northern Inferno”