Having issues with 1.09?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

VPaulus

Having issues with 1.09?

Post by VPaulus »

Hi guys

some people are having issues running v1.09. If you get a warning saying you need a license when you have already bought the game then please try this:

Open the game installation folder. Locate and select a file named "Command.exe". Press the right mouse button and select "Properties". Click on the "Compatibility2 tab. Tick the option "Run this program as an administrator". Click on "Apply" and "Ok". Double click on "Command.exe" for running the game.

If you are running Steam version, please also try also running Steam as Administrator:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -ifhz-2170

The issue is Steam sometimes needs admin level access to do its ownership checks. This is a problem that affects many games on Steam and these are general instructions from Steam on how to work around it.

If this doesn't help please let us know!
karatepenguin

RE: Having issues with 1.09?

Post by karatepenguin »

NEvermind
HalfLifeExpert

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

The workaround does work, however, the steam page linked says it is a temporary solution. If you have not already, you should get in contact with valve and work out the issue, it probably is just a simple bug, but hopefully it can be fixed in the next Steam Client update.

Perhaps even the current steam issues are playing a part in the problem.
rochrist

Post by rochrist »

I'm running both Command and Steam as admin. Still says every scenario is unlicensed.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: rochrist
I'm running both Command and Steam as admin. Still says every scenario is unlicensed.

Hello,

If you bring up the credits window ("Top menu --> Help --> About Command"), under the "Licensed Modules" text, which modules does it list? Can you please post a screenshot of the window?

Thanks.
MichaelJCuozzo

Post by MichaelJCuozzo »

My only licensed module is Command Full Version.

Tried running as an admin, the scenarios still show as unlicensed.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Hi Mike

Try reinstalling Command and then applying the patch (update button for file).

If you bought NI please install over Command.

Thanks!

Mike
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

If you are having a problem can you let us know if it is on Steam or not.

The issue seems to be to do with the serial numbers so we took out the code for that from Steam as it does not need it, so the steam update just released seems to fix all issues.

For our installer version you could try running the game as administrator. We're still looking in to what might be the cause and will get a fix out as soon as we know what the issue is.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
MichaelJCuozzo

Post by MichaelJCuozzo »

I don't have a Steam version, I bought the game from Matrix/Slitherine. I am going to try Mike's suggestion and re-install the game and then the patch. Unfortunately, I had to email Matrix for my serial number first. I don't have it anymore. Let you guys know if it works. BTW, I did try as an administrator and it got me into the game but to play the Northern Inferno scenarios it says I'm 'Unlicensed' and won't let me
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

If your old directory is still there look for a file called serialreg.txt. Your old serial number is likely there.

Mike
Kokolores

Post by Kokolores »

-----

Edit: Reinstalled (Steam version), and it all seems to work properly again.

Thanks! :-)
rochrist

Post by rochrist »

Sorry, I didn't see this last night. You guys ar so quick! Anyway, all better now with the patch.
ldc83402

Post by ldc83402 »

I bought the game through Matrix and managed to get it to install and run. The one issue I have at this time is when pushing the Check for Updates button on the launch screen, it gives me an error that Windows cannot find \update.exe. I'm guessing this is not supposed to happen. Some help would be appreciated.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: ldc83402

I bought the game through Matrix and managed to get it to install and run. The one issue I have at this time is when pushing the Check for Updates button on the launch screen, it gives me an error that Windows cannot find \update.exe. I'm guessing this is not supposed to happen. Some help would be appreciated.
I believe that this has been reported. tm.asp?m=3953624

Are you currently on the latest 1.09 Final?
Michael
Rob322

Post by Rob322 »

I tried setting up as an administrator and I still can't access the campaign, says they're unlicensed. Is there anything simpler than reinstalling everything?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: Rob322

I tried setting up as an administrator and I still can't access the campaign, says they're unlicensed. Is there anything simpler than reinstalling everything?
Is it Matrix or Steam version?
ldc83402

Post by ldc83402 »

Yes, bought the game after the release.
JohnTargus

Post by JohnTargus »

I'm also experiencing the same issues. I have the Matrix version and I do not see any serial number for Northern Command. I had to download this because the updater kept blowing up and now it keeps wanting a serial number for Northern Command
Just a WAW Fighting Fool!
JohnTargus

Post by JohnTargus »

P.S., why all the sudden difficulties?
Just a WAW Fighting Fool!
Kojusoki

Post by Kojusoki »

Dear support,
I bought Command like 2 yrs ago (matrix, NOT steam) and I have no idea where can I obtain the NI licence code from.
The serial from command doesnt work - is the same like serialreg.txt from command folder)

Return to “Tech Support”