Update exe error

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

AlGrant

Update exe error

Post by AlGrant »

I have updated to V1.09 (Matrix download version), and I can open up scenarios and saved games without any issues.

One problem I do have is that when the new look game launch screen opens and I click "Check for Update" I get an error message saying:

"Windows cannot find '\update.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again"

If I go to the CMANO install directory I can see update.exe (dated 23/10/2015 - size: 468kb) and clicking on it the updater runs correctly, telling me I have the latest version.

I have restarted my laptop since updating the game and still get the same message.

Al
GOD'S EYE DISABLED.
IainMcNeil

RE: Update exe error

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry about this - we just heard about it. We'll fix it but it doesn't affect you as this is the latest version and you don't need an update at this time.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
AlGrant

Post by AlGrant »

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah it doesn't affect me and even if I needed another update I can manually run update.exe from within the install directory.

Before the update I had the latest 1.09 RC build installed (over Ver 1.08) and the updater ran correctly from the launch screen and downloaded the latest V 1.09. So the problem (for me) only happened after the official release update.

Al

P.S. Old habits die hard - as somebody who spent a few years doing User Acceptance Testing on Marconi & Ericcson telecoms software I sometimes find it difficult not to press a new button .... just to see what happens [:D]
GOD'S EYE DISABLED.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

You should always press the buttons :)
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
valkyrion

Post by valkyrion »

Sorry was this fixed, I am still having it happen to me even though I updated to the latest build.

Return to “Tech Support”