Minor bug that bugs me

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Lokasenna

Minor bug that bugs me

Post by Lokasenna »

While Admiral DadMan is posting stuff in the beta thread... I figured I'd post this one that drives me up a wall:

When you have a CV air unit that needs replacements, and a replenishment group is in range, it always draws from the replenishment group. There are lots of times when I'd rather it not do this, but I can adjust for this in my play to get my replacement planes from the pools instead of the reinforcement group when I want to.

However, what drives me absolutely nuts is that I like to put reserve planes in my CV units. Doesn't everybody? It seems a best practice, especially for fighter units. But if I take replacements from a replenishment group, I can't draw planes into reserve - not from the pool, and not from the replenishment group.

This seems to happen whether you've actually taken replacements from the replenishment group or not - if the replenishment group is the source that your air unit is trying to draw planes from, you can't draw planes into reserve. Can this please be fixed?
Mike Solli

RE: Minor bug that bugs me

Post by Mike Solli »

Hey Lokasenna, play Japan and then you don't have to worry about such silly rules. [:'(] [;)] [:D]
Created by the amazing Dixie
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Hey Lokasenna, play Japan and then you don't have to worry about such silly rules. [:'(] [;)] [:D]
+1
Pax
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

I never have reserve aircraft because I fill the carrier with resized units or add a fifth unit. Just for fun I resized one of my SBD squadrons to 48 aircraft - it packs quite a punch and suffers much less from coordination problems. I ditched my Devastators at the time.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

Well sure, but the issue remains that if there's a replenishment group within range it's impossible to draw reserve aircraft.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

It isn't a bug. From memory, I was setup that way so you don't overload a CV group and not have any planes available for other groups.

Are you saying that you can't draw planes when in range for normal replacements?
If so, do you have a save where this applies so I can investigate?
Thanks
Michael
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

In the most recent example of this occurring, my CVs were sitting in a port with a level 8 AF with plenty of supply (100K+). The AF also had VRF units at it. I can draw from the replenishment groups because that's the only option when one is within range, but I can't then continue to draw into reserves (which presumably would draw from the pools). It seems that having the replenishment group in range prevents the button to draw into reserves from working. The button is there, but does nothing when you press you.

Attached is a save. TF228 and the VF units in them will all draw from the replenishment groups present, which is fine and all (I can just refill those groups from the pools, I'm OK with that), but I would like to be able to also draw into reserves. Whether that ends up being from the groups or from the pools probably doesn't really matter. If there is a "stop" in place to prevent drawing into reserves because a player might use up all the replenishment aircraft on one or just a few groups, leaving no aircraft for other groups, well... it's that player's own fault for not making sure they didn't want those planes in the other groups. No different from regular pool management.

This happens a lot [:)].
Attachments
wpae009.zip
(4 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

I have tweaked it so that group can drawn up to it's max reserve using base only as the source; ignores presence of any replenishment groups.
Which also meant that I needed to tune the screen a bit; so now there are 2 manual replacement buttons (base and replenishment group if present).
The logic will also tend to ignore reserves (up to the 3) when determining replacements.
Michael
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: michaelm

I have tweaked it so that group can drawn up to it's max reserve using base only as the source; ignores presence of any replenishment groups.
Which also meant that I needed to tune the screen a bit; so now there are 2 manual replacement buttons (base and replenishment group if present).
The logic will also tend to ignore reserves (up to the 3) when determining replacements.

Wooooooooooo! [&o]

Return to “Tech Support”