Interesting AI Move

Moderator: Jason Petho

MrRoadrunner

Interesting AI Move

Post by MrRoadrunner »

Was playing a scenario against the AI. Flew a Hind in for a rear shot at a tank platoon, one of four in the hex. Took the shot and increased my altitude to high. I did not have enough movement to withdraw a hex, stayed adjacent, and figured I was "safe" at high altitude.
On it's turn the AI assaulted my helicopter, with the entire tank company, and caused a strength point loss and disrupt. But, I held the hex! [:)]

Can this be fixed? Those tankers must have stacked the company, one tank on another, to reach my altitude? [;)]

Just an observation.

RR
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
Crossroads

RE: Interesting AI Move

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: MrRoadrunner

Was playing a scenario against the AI. Flew a Hind in for a rear shot at a tank platoon, one of four in the hex. Took the shot and increased my altitude to high. I did not have enough movement to withdraw a hex, stayed adjacent, and figured I was "safe" at high altitude.
On it's turn the AI assaulted my helicopter, with the entire tank company, and caused a strength point loss and disrupt. But, I held the hex! [:)]

Can this be fixed? Those tankers must have stacked the company, one tank on another, to reach my altitude? [;)]

Just an observation.

RR

Hello Mr RR. Now that should not be happening of course. I tried to reproduce the assault on Helos but was not able to do that. Do you have a save file of the battle where this occurred? If so please email me to krazykat dot theblitz at gmail dot com.

Attachments
heloassault.jpg
heloassault.jpg (104.42 KiB) Viewed 82 times
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
MrRoadrunner

Post by MrRoadrunner »

Sorry, I did not save the battle file. Did not think it significant enough to do so.
Like I said, I chuckled, thought the AI was "frisky" and moved on.
Could be a factor when playing a campaign though?

I guess I can assume that no play testers or development team members had this experience?

Probably just another incident where a stupid player did not use the helicopters as they are realistically supposed to be used? [8|] (Cheap shot but I had to take it.) [:D]

BTW, in your examples above you control the tanks, right? Did you try it where the AI controlled the tanks and you the helos? That then may recreate my experience.

RR
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
&#8213; Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

What were you playing?
---
MrRoadrunner

Post by MrRoadrunner »

A Taste of Sa'qia.

And as posted at The Blitz: This was in the e-mail from my opponent "I over ran a LZ with that pesky bazooka team & an commando(?)unit & a HIND".

It really was not an LZ as I was not going to pick up the infantry. The helo was a "L" altitude. Obviously the infantry was on the ground. The "bazooka team" was actually an RPG squad. He got the commando title correct.

So in overrunning the infantry in the hex he was able to capture/destroy the helo?

I dunno. Chalked it up to the "realism learning curve". Played the turn and moved on.

RR
ewbonner

Post by ewbonner »

Boisforas here, at your service about the hind over run. That came in a game RR & I were doing: I had 3 M-48 tanks next to a DISP Egyptian bazooka/rpg team, I over ran the Egyptian anti-tank team, retreating them into the hex containing a low level loaded hind. I over ran that hex, ELM everyone in that hex, hind & all.
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

Hello Eric! Could you please email me the turn as you received it together with your password? I could then try the same move you did.

krazykat dot theblitz at gmail dot com
---
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: ewbonner

Boisforas here, at your service about the hind over run. That came in a game RR & I were doing: I had 3 M-48 tanks next to a DISP Egyptian bazooka/rpg team, I over ran the Egyptian anti-tank team, retreating them into the hex containing a low level loaded hind. I over ran that hex, ELM everyone in that hex, hind & all.

Thank you Eric, this was actually a clue to what was going on. A confirmed bug it is: when capturing defenders with an assault also the Helos in the same hex, despite being airborne, are captured.

To be fixed. Thanks for reporting this!
---
MrRoadrunner

Post by MrRoadrunner »

Let's not forget that the AI assaults hovering Helos, even without the infantry in the hex?

RR

berto

Post by berto »

All of these issues now fixed. Available in the forthcoming ME 1.01 update.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

Return to “Tech Support”