Is it me or has the AI got better?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

tiger111

Is it me or has the AI got better?

Post by tiger111 »

Playing the 4th Supreme command scenario I think that the AI (as allied) has improved over that experienced from previous patched states.

Is it me or has there been real AI improvements?

Thanks
Commanderski

RE: Is it me or has the AI got better?

Post by Commanderski »

I'm playing the same scenario was thinking the same thing. I think the AI has really improved and has been very surprising. It's great! [:)]
jacktimes2

Post by jacktimes2 »

I've definitely noticed smarter counter-attacks in the D-Day '44 campaign as well. Antwerp was nearly a disastrous affair. Loving the improvements!
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

I seem to recall that there were some fixes/changes made to the AI during the past 6 months. Some of this was due to Gary's work on Torch, but I seem to recall some other routines that were fixed in a way that would make them better. I'm glad to hear this feedback. We never really know how AI changes will work. Often they are made in response to specific saves we have that indicate problems. We can see how the changes improve the specific situation, but can't be sure that they make things better overall. Glad to hear the AI is keeping you challenged. Although not as inventive as a human opponent, the AI should give you a good game, especially if you give it some help. Thanks for the feedback.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Rommel76

Post by Rommel76 »

Thanks to you for this beautiful game ;)

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”