Bataan senario

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Erik2, Lukas

MTTODD

Bataan senario

Post by MTTODD »

Playing as Japanese in Bataan senario, where one objective is to capture Mariveles in 30 turns.

As it's at the other end of the island, I thought it would be good to launch a amphibious assault(as happened in real life!) by capturing allied port
at Eman point and launching raid from there.

But because I have no naval command points, I can't purchase support ships for my raid.

My question is, is there any way I can't use a amphibious assault in this senario ?

Many thanks for any help.

genehaynes

RE: Bataan senario

Post by genehaynes »

MTTODD,

I may be wrong but I think the following is correct:

1. Naval Support - As you stated, if you don't have naval command points you can't deploy any NAVAL TYPE units.
2. Amphibious assault - If after selecting a LAND UNIT during the deployment phase, there aren't any "placement hexes" at sea, then you can't do an amphibious assault at the beginning of the scenario. However, although I'm not sure, I think the rules allow units to be embarked from friendly port hexes. So you could move some land units adjacent to, or in a port hex and embark them on their mission. It's been awhile since I played that scenario, so I don't remember if there are any port hexes you can capture.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II”