Is there an edit-tool somewhere?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

TeaLeaf

Is there an edit-tool somewhere?

Post by TeaLeaf »

Hi folks,

I thought the USA used an offensive chit for the current impulse to give it a super combined action, but it seems something went wrong with choosing the action type since the USA only has the limited combined action (misclicked, just forgot to tick the box for the offensive chit, or whatever)...
Since I play very slowly because I don't have a lot of playtime, I'm not looking forward to start over the process (to rethink and redo the many CW Naval moves) and I was wondering if there is an edit tool around, so I can edit the US offensive chit total to 1 less and the available activities for the USA as if chosen a super-combined?

Included gamesave if some1 can edit but the tool is not available (yet) for public use.
BTW, I would be happy if there would be some sort of edit tool for the public, just for similar cases. After all, if you can't trust your opponent with an edit tool, you shouldn't be playing the game with that opponent ;-).
If need be, there could also be a read-only log (accessible in-game) that tells who edited what and when, to rule out unnoticed (for whatever reason) edits...
Attachments
HanSolo.zip
(1.51 MiB) Not downloaded yet
AlbertN

RE: Is there an edit-tool somewhere?

Post by AlbertN »

For what I know there is no such Edit function.
You've to reload from the "Choose Action" phase for the Major Powers.
Orm

Post by Orm »

Hello TeaLeaf,

There is no edit-tool available to the public and there is no intention of creating one for public use.

And the tool that is available to the testers is not capable of making the changes that you request.

So, unfortunately, you are stuck with the options of going back to an earlier save and replay the impulse from the beginning or letting it stand without US playing their offensive chit.

I am sorry that I couldn't be of better help. [:(]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

There should be a save from just before the choose action phase available in the autosave section of the game.

Attachments
Autosaves.gif
Autosaves.gif (309.04 KiB) Viewed 49 times
Peter
TeaLeaf

Post by TeaLeaf »

Okay, too bad there's no edit tools, then.

I'll roll back then (I know perfectly well how to navigate in the autosave directories [;)]). Manipulate the dice a little to recreate the situation as it currently is.
Thanks for the replies [8D].
TeaLeaf

Post by TeaLeaf »

Edit: wrongly posted.

Return to “Tech Support”