V1.08.05 Public Beta is Available

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

malyhin1517

RE: V1.08.05 Public Beta is Available

Post by malyhin1517 »

I understand that the problem in the program, but not in the game files, and it can be difficult. Sorry for this question :) I know a lot of guys who started playing WITE after the appearance of my localizations (as of version 1.07.15). Once again I apologize and I wish you good luck! Thank you for your work!
Sorry, i use an online translator :(
malyhin1517

Post by malyhin1517 »

The problem with sending air groups to national reserve resolved by installing patch 1.08.04 and then 1.08.05 :)
malyhin1517

Post by malyhin1517 »

Noticed this error: from June 1941, some units (e.g. fortified regions) has saper squad 41, which should appear in August 1941, the game automatically upgrades them to the saper squad 39 obtaining Armaments.
malyhin1517

Post by malyhin1517 »

There is still possible to consider in future patches the ability to filter air units experience, morale and fatigue. This will greatly facilitate the management of the player. Also would love to have the display the soft-factor fatigue on the units icons. This will help the player to monitor the fatigue of the troops and time to take them to the rear for rest.
morvael

Post by morvael »

ORIGINAL: jamesm

There is an issue with withdrawing air groups to National reserve on the Soviet side when sorting aircraft into airbases and aircraft model via the Commander's Report. If you select airbase or type of aircraft from the initial list into alphabetical order then zoom to the specific aircraft type or air base you cannot withdraw the aircraft into the National reserve (if you select the individual air group you can withdraw to national reserve from the information screen). However, if you zoom to the type of aircraft or airbase from an unsorted list you can withdraw the aircraft to national reserve via the Commander's report.

Fixed for next version.
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

ORIGINAL: morvael

ORIGINAL: jamesm

There is an issue with withdrawing air groups to National reserve on the Soviet side when sorting aircraft into airbases and aircraft model via the Commander's Report. If you select airbase or type of aircraft from the initial list into alphabetical order then zoom to the specific aircraft type or air base you cannot withdraw the aircraft into the National reserve (if you select the individual air group you can withdraw to national reserve from the information screen). However, if you zoom to the type of aircraft or airbase from an unsorted list you can withdraw the aircraft to national reserve via the Commander's report.

Fixed for next version.
Thank you Morvael, you have and are doing great things with this game.
heliodorus04

Post by heliodorus04 »

Working as intended or oversight/bug:

I have an Army airbase stacked with a panzer corps HQ at start of turn.

I did enough recon (and that airbase participated) that the airbase's MPs went from 50 to 48, while it's strategic movement still shows 100.

When I flew fuel there, my loss ratio was the same as though it had moved 20 hexes that turn.
Patch notes say that fuel/supply drops are lessened if the airbase moves that turn. Technically I didn't move...
Fall 2021-Playing: Stalingrad'42 (GMT); Advanced Squad Leader,
Reading: Masters of the Air (GREAT BOOK!)
Rulebooks: ASL (always ASL), Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game
Painting: WHFB Lizardmen leaders
morvael

Post by morvael »

Yes, fixed for 1.08.06. An oversight that MP changes with recon use and disables bonus to air drops. For now try to drop supplies before flying recon.
In next version bonus will be given if airbase is in territory owned at start of turn.
Bozo_the_Clown

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

Question regarding morale fluctuations of Axis units.

Regular Campaign, no combat, all Axis units stay in Germany

From T1 to T2 18th Panzer Division goes from 75 morale to 85 morale.
From T2 to T3 1st Panzer Division drops from 90 to 85

There continue to be morale changes during the following turns, usually +/-5.

Is this intended? What explains the +10 morale gain?
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

Pretty sure it's a bug Soviet morale has been dropping as well when it shouldn't. Pelton has been looking into it since I talked with him about the crashing of my guards morale since the patch and he's see morale crash at game start for German units as well
Bozo_the_Clown

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

Well, the +10 can be explained with the fact that NM for tanks is 85 although it seems a bit much for one turn.

For infantry I see mostly minor fluctuations. Just did a test with I Corps attacking over 6 turns and they end up with 90/95/90. Only 1 morale point was randomly deducted.

Further testing required.

Since it has to do with morale Pelton is looking into it. [:D]
morvael

Post by morvael »

It looks like something is setting unit M to NM level for that unit. Certainly not the regular morale increasing/decreasing functions.
And I can't confirm it in AIvAI games. Doing HvH test now.
heliodorus04

Post by heliodorus04 »

Ah. I changed my usual difficulty settings for the AI with a new .05 game, and I thought morale was hinky.
Fall 2021-Playing: Stalingrad'42 (GMT); Advanced Squad Leader,
Reading: Masters of the Air (GREAT BOOK!)
Rulebooks: ASL (always ASL), Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game
Painting: WHFB Lizardmen leaders
Bozo_the_Clown

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

Haha, I had 200th Rifle division drop from 59 morale to 40 morale in one turn. Turning gold into shit. [:D]
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

Yes it crashed all my guard unit morale in my ongoing game vs pelton pretty sure is why I started asking about it with pelton and moravael about it.
morvael

Post by morvael »

I have this bug.
morvael

Post by morvael »

This is in the function that allows to regain up to 10% NM per turn. And this function makes sure unit won't exceed NM thanks to this. But it's bugged and it reduces NM of units above NM to that level. That's why this happens for some units, but not for the others.
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

Yep an important bug to find because game is basically unplayable until it's fixed

I think I lost over 100 overall cv if not more because of this.........
morvael

Post by morvael »

Will try to push hotfix patch ASAP.
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

Appreciate but my guess is im screwed in my game vs Pelton until i can rebuild all of my guard units morale. As it wont fix what it took away.

As the patch pretty much dropped every single guard unit I had to NM and I had several close to 70 and above 70......and a 10 point morale shift on guard corps is a ton of lost CV esp when you factor 80+ guard Corps of various types I think I have.....

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”