Crashing when inspecting elements

Dino_SWE

Crashing when inspecting elements

Post by Dino_SWE »

When clicking on a bottom right element icon to get more details on a unit, my game often crashes.

Patched
Win 7 64 bit

In this case I tried to get more info on Supply Wagon from the build unit list:
Attachments
Mainlog.txt
(10.3 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Leibst

RE: Crashing when inspecting elements

Post by Leibst »

Only happens in some cases, what is your OS?
i will report it to Pocus (the technical support)
Designer of AGEOD & HQ English Civil War, Thirty Years War and España:1936
Designer of Battles For Spain and Libertad o Muerte!
https://hqwargames.com
Dino_SWE

Post by Dino_SWE »

It happens often enough

Patched
Win 7 64 bit
Leibst

Post by Leibst »

I mean not in all computers or OS.

Dino, you mean on the units on the forcepool right?

thanks.
Dino_SWE

Post by Dino_SWE »

Yes, when selecting a unit on the bottom bar, then clicking to inspect a particular element in the bottom right info box listing all the elements.
Lusitanian

Post by Lusitanian »

I'm getting this same crash. Happens only in the unit production screen when I click on inspect element. Doesn't happen any other time.
Leibst

Post by Leibst »

Thanks, its already reported to the Slitherine support. [;)]
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I believe this bug is prior to TYW and has not been fixed by Ageod. If you recruit a unit, you have to remember not to click on the small Nato icon(s) to the right to get the detailed info or it crashes. We should know that info by heart anyway ;)
Leibst

Post by Leibst »

You are right, but only happens in some computers, probably related with the OS version. I'm going to comment this again to Ageod anyway.
Dino_SWE

Post by Dino_SWE »

I cant believe this is still an issue! 2 years of idleness is too long.

Not being able to inspect stats for recuitable units is a MAJOR gamebreaking bug.

I have created a thread on Steam forum aswell where it is confirmed both for Win 7 (64) and Win 10 (64). Please tell me, which OS does it work on? I also posted a new thread on the AGEOD forum.

Please, get this sorted already! And if you lack the talent to do so, consider removing the unit inspection box from the recruitment menu to spare people the agony of stepping onto a crash trap.

If this was still in beta I would understand, but TYW recently released on Steam. Literally every new player will want to check out the units before they recruit them. And so they will all get crashes. People will be scared away from the game and engine.

Regards
Dino_SWE

Post by Dino_SWE »

For the record I just tried to the demo for Revolution Under Siege and have no such issues in there. So it shouldnt be something deep inside the AGEOD engine, causing these issues in TYW.
Symple

Post by Symple »

ORIGINAL: Dino_SWE

I cant believe this is still an issue! 2 years of idleness is too long.

Not being able to inspect stats for recuitable units is a MAJOR gamebreaking bug.

I have created a thread on Steam forum aswell where it is confirmed both for Win 7 (64) and Win 10 (64). Please tell me, which OS does it work on? I also posted a new thread on the AGEOD forum.

Please, get this sorted already! And if you lack the talent to do so, consider removing the unit inspection box from the recruitment menu to spare people the agony of stepping onto a crash trap.

If this was still in beta I would understand, but TYW recently released on Steam. Literally every new player will want to check out the units before they recruit them. And so they will all get crashes. People will be scared away from the game and engine.

Regards
I think part of your problem is playing in Steam mode. I never see this behavior. Run it in admin mode and your problem with vanish.
xj900uk

Post by xj900uk »

Playing this game again today, and my enjoyment of it was marred by the infrequent but unpredictable crashes.
Still seems to occur at times (not consistently) when I inspect or review a unit, and at other times without any reason at all.
Has anyone ever been able to sort this out as it's been going on for a couple of years now.

BTW I play this game on my old Windows 7 PC< I dare not on the Windows 10 as the AGEOD games do not work on that properly when mixed with Steam

Return to “Tech Support”