[RESOLVED] Scenario made in 1.07 won't load in 1.08

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Foxendown

[RESOLVED] Scenario made in 1.07 won't load in 1.08

Post by Foxendown »

Subject line sums it up. I was building a scenario in the previous version but I can't access it anymore in 1.08 (scen file and sav file attached). Installation of 1.08 went very smoothly, no problems at all and I've checked a lot of other scenarios old and new and they all load fine. I'm not getting an error message, it's just that nothing happens when I click "Load selected". I'd quite like to rescue it if possible. Although it's far from complete, I put in some work on it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I had quite a long break from Command-glad to see it's going so well with development of the game.
Attachments
SyrianQuagmire.zip
(1.66 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
Sardaukar

RE: Scenario made in 1.07 won't load in 1.08

Post by Sardaukar »

I did give it a try with 1.08 RC 11 Build 746 and both scenario and save loaded just fine.

You might want to upgrade to that build. One thing that also caused me not to be able to load scenarios in past was that I had then not restarted my computer for long time and I guess there were some memory issues.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Foxendown

Post by Foxendown »

Thanks for testing those for me. I'm on build 678.18 so perhaps my problem does lie there. I'll check that out.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Latest is actually 1.09 RC 11 Build 746.

You can find it here: tm.asp?m=3923060&mpage=8

But since I am not sure it is comprehensive, I'd recommend to install one of earlier RC version first with size 400+ Mb first since this is smaller (200+). And then install RC 11, public betas, but close to official release and it won't hurt.

My guess is, if restart of comp doesn't work, your scenario might have been updated to database not yet in official 1.08..or might be one other known and fixed issue.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Foxendown

Post by Foxendown »

I might do a complete reinstall. Although 1.08 went in fine I had to use the patch exe because the update program didn't work. It wrecked my Command install completely, it would not load, so I rolled back with system restore and I guess it's possible some damage has been done somewhere, though apart from this problem of my scenario not loading everything seems to be OK. It's odd because I have a couple of other part-built scenarios, one older and one newer than "Syrian Quagmire" and they both load and run fine. Possibly a problem connected with the units I have chosen?

Anyway, many thanks for your help with all this. I guess the way to go for the reinstall is version 1.00, followed by 1.08 then 1.09.

Edit-Just to report I installed patch 1.09 and my scenarios now all load perfectly. :-)

Return to “Tech Support”