Weather WAD?

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Peltonx

Weather WAD?

Post by Peltonx »

I am playing BrianG in a game and we had clear weather in all 4 zones in May 42, which is great for me.
I am playing Chaos in another game and its April 28th 43 or 4
turns of spring and we have had snow or blizzard in the center zone 3 of 4 turns 2 of 4 snow or blizzard in north ect ect,
LOL the rivers are still frozen solid on April 28th in the center and north? Really?

I think that the weather needs to be looked at as its now tipped clearly to fair to nice weather.

Again this is great for Germany 41/42 and great for Russia 43-45, but its seems way to random in the wrong direction. Before it was not very non random and now its a little weird.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
chaos45

RE: Weather WAD?

Post by chaos45 »

So far weather has been 3 of 4 zones = mud and 1 zone is either clear(far south) or snow = center/north.

At least thats been most of the spring turns so far.

Doesnt seem all that unrealstic.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Just wanted it checked as brian thought it seems off 4 of 4 clear what are the odds?
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

ya it sucks for soviets in 1942 for sure...but May if you look at the chart can be all clear it just might turn to mud the very next turn lol.
morvael

Post by morvael »

Ratios for may were changed to follow non-random weather (50% chance for clear, 50% for mud).

Weather is WAD, I checked it extensively.
morvael

Post by morvael »

When I get the chance I will look again.

April should be mostly mud.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: morvael

When I get the chance I will look again.

April should be mostly mud.

Been almost all snow or blizzard in center and same for north.

I believe the ice is at 8 in north and 6 in center which means all rivers are frozen in north and all minors in center.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

April is mostly mud- we got 1 clear turn in crimea area.....and 1 snow turn far north, and 1 snow turn Just south of Tula area so far....

So mostly mud with 1 zone basically not mud each turn- seems reasonable to me....... T98 IDK havent gotten the turn yet but sounds like snow in the far north from Peltons comment.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: chaos45

April is mostly mud- we got 1 clear turn in crimea area.....and 1 snow turn far north, and 1 snow turn Just south of Tula area so far....

So mostly mud with 1 zone basically not mud each turn- seems reasonable to me....... T98 IDK havent gotten the turn yet but sounds like snow in the far north from Peltons comment.

no snow center again

The ice levels tell the story rivers are still frozen over

We have had a blizzard turn which seems really weird in north why levels are at 8 still
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

Well Just looked up weather in helsinki finland real quick....average temperature for April ranges from a high of 10 C to low of -2 C for most of the month an north of leningrad is further north than helsinki....so if you have a cold April things could stay mostly frozen. So that river you want to unfreeze on the north map edge could in real life very well still be frozen up to May.......

Its freakin cold that far north lol.

Also is what the forecast is good for...think it forecasted snow in the center again....mayhaps I planned for snow this turn due to forecast? [8D]
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

From a Tourist site on Finland: basically the more north you go in Finland the long it take for things to melt and spring arrive:

Spring months April and May bring Finland much welcomed light and warmer temperatures. Days are quickly starting to get longer and the snow starts melting in the South, Western Lakes and Lakeland mid-April, while in the northern Lapland the snow might well not start melting before May. The further North you will go, the later the spring arrives.
morvael

Post by morvael »

ORIGINAL: Pelton
no snow center again

Could you decide on one common version of events? That would help [:)]
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

Ill check some screen shots I saved from a turn ago to be sure.

IMO its not odd weather- Pelton just really wants the rivers to unfreeze as my attacks are very close to breaching them.

It has been mud in most zones most of the month, typically 1 of the 4 zones is not mud....so for April very standard weather by the roll template since its by zone now not one roll for all zones.

Russia is a cold place except in the south, which we got clear weather and the Don unfroze for him first turn of April.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Ill check some screen shots I saved from a turn ago to be sure.

IMO its not odd weather- Pelton just really wants the rivers to unfreeze as my attacks are very close to breaching them.

It has been mud in most zones most of the month, typically 1 of the 4 zones is not mud....so for April very standard weather by the roll template since its by zone now not one roll for all zones.

Russia is a cold place except in the south, which we got clear weather and the Don unfroze for him first turn of April.

We only care about WAD or not Chaos I have more then one game underway

The ice levels tell the story and Peltonx vs BrianG.

I am guessing we are both off some, but clearly ice 8 north and we are not talking just finland Chaos that Moscow and many miles south of that.

You have to check the levels and then you can figure iit out 100% from there.

Sorry can not be more clear as I did not think much of it, it seemed odd but with all the other finds I did not think that much of it, until Brian emailed me
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

are the river freeze completely tied to the weather rolls? not sure if they are completely tied together or no.

Either way south of leningrad by end of april should be mostly unfrozen I agree, north of leningrad could still be frozen up to first week in May after that north of leningrad should unfreeze.
morvael

Post by morvael »

Yes, ice level moves up or down with weather. From the top of my head it's something like blizzard +4, snow +2, mud -1, clear -3 (but I may be wrong by 1-2 points).
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Yes, ice level moves up or down with weather. From the top of my head it's something like blizzard +4, snow +2, mud -1, clear -3 (but I may be wrong by 1-2 points).

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (182.93 KiB) Viewed 131 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
morvael

Post by morvael »

So? It adds or substracts from current ice level. It takes a few turns to get rid of ice.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

So? It adds or substracts from current ice level. It takes a few turns to get rid of ice.

Forcast 3 clear out of 4 in May that's what Brian was talking about.

It should be 50% for April and May and its clearly not?
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

We getting allot of snow during April and allot of clear in May as with me and Brian and I want clear with Brian so I don't care eather way.

The old tables were close to non random no it seems much more clear or snow then mud now depending on the month of course.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE

Return to “Tech Support”