Why I don't play it

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Numdydar

RE: Why I don't play it

Post by Numdydar »

I play WitP a LOT. I can tell you it really puts all these other games to shame. It really is a masterpiece. And still being supported too [:)] It just got another major patch last month.

So you are really missing out by not giving it a shot as soon as you can. I actually find it hard to play WitE/WitW after playing WitP [X(]. The scale and detail just seems too small after WitP [:)]
Rongor

Post by Rongor »

that is exactly what is keeping me off WITP. WITE and WITW are already huge but seem to be conquerable. With WITP, I would try to tame a monster. Myriad of ships, Billions of pilots. Not a distant clue how to manage production. A somewhat clunky interface. A nightmare.
I have a secret hope they may do a new WITP after War in Europe is done.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Not likely for a WitP 2 [:(] If you play the Allies there is no production. So not a problem there. Plus just like all games there are lots of smaller scenarios that only handle certain aspects of the war.

I actually think the UI in WitP is much better than WitE/W [:)] But that is just me.
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

Don't have WITP but I did have the Uncommon Valor which I guess has elements of a subset of WITP from what I've read (I may be off base about that).

Unfortunately, while I enjoyed Uncommon Valor, with a couple of new computers since then I no longer have the installer and it's not available to download. Too bad, because I would still play it today.
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/216/downloads/

still here so as you bought it, just ask for a link to re download, same as patches etc, all still here and still for sale
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Rongor

Post by Rongor »

It at least very much looks like WITP. Man I really want to play these games.
soeren01

Post by soeren01 »

WitP is superb, but the learning curve is much steeper than the for WitW
soeren01, formerly known as Soeren
CoG FoF
PacWar WIR BoB BTR UV WITP WITE WITW

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”