Stacking causing crashing

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

nilssone85

Stacking causing crashing

Post by nilssone85 »

Hi
I get an odd error.
Just landed in France with a bunch of CW and Americans. Almost every time I pick up a CW unit and places it on another unit the game gets a "critical" crash thing. I'm running the latest released official version.
I think I have identified it to being non British CW units stacking that causing the problem, for instance a Canadian unit stacking with a South African, but also some times an American unit.

Attached save game, but not at the correct step since I didn't have this available. So just jump ahead a few phases and it should be fine.

Also, some other strange things. Subs when returning to base at the end of the turn takes a loooooong time to calculate.
Attachments
Global_erik_mark.GAM.zip
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: Stacking causing crashing

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: nilssone85

Hi
I get an odd error.
Just landed in France with a bunch of CW and Americans. Almost every time I pick up a CW unit and places it on another unit the game gets a "critical" crash thing. I'm running the latest released official version.
I think I have identified it to being non British CW units stacking that causing the problem, for instance a Canadian unit stacking with a South African, but also some times an American unit.

Attached save game, but not at the correct step since I didn't have this available. So just jump ahead a few phases and it should be fine.

Also, some other strange things. Subs when returning to base at the end of the turn takes a loooooong time to calculate.
I could not reproduce the problem you reported here. I advanced to Land Movement and moved the Commonewealth and US units about in France rather freely.

I am a uncertain what you mean by "crash thing".

The weather is snow in France so supply distance is reduced. However, there are plenty of Allied HQs so none needs to act as a Tertiary supply source. Moving an HQ can cause a 3 second delay - but that is on my computer, (which is fast), with the debugger running (which slows down processing quite a bit).

Presently I have this logged as "can not reproduce".
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
nilssone85

RE: Stacking causing crashing

Post by nilssone85 »

hi
That is weird. I'm running on windows 10 and the "application has crashed" window comes up. You click continue application and it is still working.
I'll see if I get do some screen shots when I get back home.

Return to “Tech Support”