KiF extra resources and oil

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Admiral Delabroglio

KiF extra resources and oil

Post by Admiral Delabroglio »

Hello

Just in case someone (besides me) is interested, I added the KiF resources and extra oil to the map. The attached files are modified in the following way (unzip in the data, map data folder after back-upping the original files, this is untried tinkering from an inept computer user) :

48,51 : resource (adjacent to Minsk, USSR)
51,56 : resource (adjacent to Kiev, Ukraine, USSR)
125,140 : resource (Surabaya, NEI)
114,127 : oil (Medan, NEI)
112,143 : oil (Brunei, CW)
110,30 : oil (Lagos, Nigeria)
50,171 : oil (Alexandrovsk, Sakhalin island)
42,111 : oil (Novosibirsk, USSR)
43,111 : oil (Omsk, USSR)
66,285 : oil (Denver, USA)
80,293 : 2 extra oils (Houston, Texas, USA)
88,78 : 2 extra oils (Arabia)

I did not add entries in the names file for the 2 USSR resources, by default they are drawn in the middle of the hex

The paper America minimap and AiF map both show 4 resource in Houston, so I suppose the counter is meant to add 2 more.
Hence, for the one in Arabia, I also added 2 oils to the existing one.

According to the WiF French site counter sheet, the 3 resources cost 5 and require 3 turns, the oils all require 4 turns and cost 10 (Houston), 9 (Arabia), 8 (Sakhalin), or 7 (all the other ones).

If somebody wants the resources and does not want them for free, then he/she should throw the equivalent build points away and wait the right number of turns (ugly by-pass), or consider that this is his/her way of getting back at the program for not always optimizing the production.

All taken into account, it adds 14 oils or resources. At the beginning, all are neutral or allied controlled.
Assuming a decently successful Barbarossa, the 2 resources in Bielorussia and Ukraine are likely to be controlled by Germany for a 2 to 3 year time period. The oil and resource in the NEI, Brunei and possibly Sakhalin are likely to be Japan controlled for a 2 to 3 year time period.
The USSR is likely to have 2 extra oils for the whole game, the CW 1 extra oil, and the USA are also likely to have 3 extra oils for the whole game. It also gives everybody an incentive to put "a little bit of friendly pressure" on Saudi Arabia to share its bounty, 1 oil can be ignored, 3 oils definitely should not go to waste.

Best regards

Attachments
KiFresources.zip
(276.12 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Admiral Delabroglio
AlbertN

RE: KiF extra resources and oil

Post by AlbertN »

I personally feel sensible that in Belarus and around Kiev in general there are 1 resource extra - some places are worth just for food or other production in general.

Though the bulk of KiF resources are very pro-Allied in the end of the day.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”