[ANSWERED] Lua Question

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

AlGrant

[ANSWERED] Lua Question

Post by AlGrant »

Is it possible to use Lua to have the AI target a specific unit like the players AEW or tanker support missions?

The player could launch these support aircraft at any time and to any location, just wondering if Lua could get the AI to target them if detected, thus forcing the player to defend these assets.

Thanks
GOD'S EYE DISABLED.
Tomcat84

RE: Lua Question

Post by Tomcat84 »

Yes it is possible I think.

See attached scenario. On side A there is a base with 4 RC-135s. They are on a mission so 1 will always be airborne. Side B has 2 Flankers on an Air intercept mission to target these 4 RC-135s when contact is unknown. There is also an A-50 Mainstay airborne with its radar off.

Switch to side B, play for how long you want and at any time activate the Mainstay radar. Airborne RC-135 should be detected and Flankers should launch to go kill it.

How to set it up: after adding the Rivet Joints to the airbase, launch all of them. Go to the other side, select God's eye view (ctrl-v) and you can create a mission with those four as target. Don't assign Flankers yet.

Then switch back to Side A, land all the Rivet Joints and wait for them to taxi back, reset their loadouts etc and assign to mission as appropriate. The mission on Side B will keep those 4 as target even though they are on the ground and when one or more are detected the mission will trigger.

Hope that makes sense. Further questions just ask.
Attachments
scrambletest.zip
(8.48 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )
AlGrant

RE: Lua Question

Post by AlGrant »

Many thanks,
I'm away from home for a few days but I'll take a look at that as soon as I get back.
It all sounds like it makes sense. I didn't realise that the AI Flankers would keep those targets if not currently airborne.
Would be nice to see the AI send attacks against mission critical 'non-combat' assets like tankers.

GOD'S EYE DISABLED.

Return to “Tech Support”