[RESOLVED] Northern Fury error

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

pchandler43

[RESOLVED] Northern Fury error

Post by pchandler43 »

I am attempting to run NF3 and I am receiving the following error pop up:

"You have (explicitly or implicitly) attempted to load a database that does not exist on the DB folder. Please update to the lastest(SIC) public version of Command (listed on the MatrixGames forum) to ensure you have the latest version of the simulation databases.

I'm not sure what to do about his...I currently am running version 1.09 on Windows 7 through Steam.
thewood1

RE: Northern Fury error

Post by thewood1 »

Did you check what database you are running...did you see the post 10 posts down asking the same question...did you look in the manual around page 71 on how to update the database...did you read the warning about making sure that build is most current before using community scenarios?

Also, what build of 1.09 are you running?
pchandler43

Post by pchandler43 »

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Did you check what database you are running...did you see the post 10 posts down asking the same question...did you look in the manual around page 71 on how to update the database...did you read the warning about making sure that build is most current before using community scenarios?

Also, what build of 1.09 are you running?

"Did you check what database you are running..." No idea how to do that.

"did you see the post 10 posts down asking the same question..." Actually, I did not see it, and I did a search with the verbage of the error. A simple, "hey there's already a post about check here {link}" would suffice, no need to be rude.

"did you look in the manual around page 71 on how to update the database...did you read the warning about making sure that build is most current before using community scenarios?"

Yes and yes

"Also, what build of 1.09 are you running?"

At the time, 746, I am reinstalling now.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I just ran it on 746...no issues. I am very doubtful you are running the 746 build or maybe just the 440 db. That error is exactly the one you would get if you weren't. Its the error message built to catch that mistake.

btw, if you had read pg 71, I believe it tells you how to check the db.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

In fact, here is pg 71...

"Change Database: This drop down dialog allows editors to see the
current database and select a database they would like to use..
There are two different databases to choose from and be one or
more variants of each depending on updates. To select a database
select the version you would like by clicking on the version and a
checkmark will appear next to it in the list."

Not sure how you missed that..."Change Database" is bolded and its fairly prominent.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

by the way...you are asking people to do the work for you to answer the question and I suspect you never even looked in the manual. I am not being rude. You are a little overly sensitive if you think the response is rude. Someone should have the right to be rude when a person comes in looking for answer that is pretty easy to find on your own. btw, now I am being rude, but you are being lazy.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Guys, relax.

pchandler43 < Did you install B746? Did this resolve your issue?

Thanks.
pchandler43

Post by pchandler43 »

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

Guys, relax.

pchandler43 < Did you install B746? Did this resolve your issue?

Thanks.

I had to do a complete reinstall for it to work, just updating the database would not work for me.
pchandler43

Post by pchandler43 »

ORIGINAL: thewood1

by the way...you are asking people to do the work for you to answer the question and I suspect you never even looked in the manual. I am not being rude. You are a little overly sensitive if you think the response is rude. Someone should have the right to be rude when a person comes in looking for answer that is pretty easy to find on your own. btw, now I am being rude, but you are being lazy.

Simmer down ma'am. I'm not the only flipping out over a simple question, princess.

Return to “Tech Support”