AF Group capacity and usage not shown

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Mac Linehan

AF Group capacity and usage not shown

Post by Mac Linehan »

Gents-

Am setting up a Babes Lite B (extended map) v15b game. I will be the Japanese verses the AI Allies.

Have just realized that the each base airfield menu shows only how many groups are active (as in "Base Administration 4 groups") but not the current / max limit as in "Base Administration 4 of 16 groups".

Went back to my other Stock and Babes games- all have the # / # format.

I am, as best I can tell, using stacking limits (every base has a stacking limit defined in the menu).

Also have the 1.7.11.24 patch applied.

Obviously I must be missing something, or made a mistake, have never encountered this problem before.

Thank you all for your help, cause I have not a clue...

A Hopeful Mac
LAV-25 2147
witpqs

RE: AF Group capacity and usage not shown

Post by witpqs »

If I understood your post correctly, you are just setting up and have not played a turn yet. Many of those base display items get calculated at the beginning of a turn and some of them wind up being wrong at the end of the turn (when you are giving orders for the next turn). For example, when an air base expands to size 8 at the end of a turn, the base display while giving orders does not reflect the doubling of air support, because it gets calculated at the beginning of the next turn.

So if you haven't actually run the first turn yet, that is likely the situation. It should 'fix itself' when you get to point of running the first turn.
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

witpqs-

You are, I suspect, absolutely correct. I am still in the "setup/editing" process, and have yet to do a turn.

Thank You for your prompt and immediate help. Am off this week for fall break, and want to make the most of setting up a new campaign.

Am most grateful, Sir; the thought of possibly loosing hours of work made me a very Sad Panda.

Edit: Just ran a Dec 7th turn, all is well on the 8th December save.

Cricket Mac
LAV-25 2147
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

[:D][:D][:D]
Pax

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”