The new shopping cart is now in Beta!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Daniele

The new shopping cart is now in Beta!

Post by Daniele »

We have designed and developed an entirely new shopping cart, to make your purchase experience easier and more streamlined. This allows you to securely store all your information and heavily reduce the number of clicks to buy a game. It allows you to upgrade to a boxed copy directly from the shopping cart and many more nice little features that will make your life as customers much easier! This is the first step but expect many more quality of life improvements as we go.

To encourage you to test it, we have created a parallel site where everything is 10% off. That's on top of any other sale or promotion or gift card you may have. You can access it at this link:

https://www2.matrixgames.com/

We'd like you to try it out for your next purchases and give us feedback here in the forum so we can fine tune it and make sure when we go live everything works properly.
Zorch

RE: The new shopping cart is now in Beta!

Post by Zorch »

Woohoo!

Attachments
woohoojum..emoticon.gif
woohoojum..emoticon.gif (18.1 KiB) Viewed 197 times
Raikkonen

Post by Raikkonen »

Got an error when I got to the payment page. Looks great so far! I can actually go look at other items without losing my cart. Before you had to use the "Continue Shopping" button or else the cart was emptied by navigating away from the page by any other method.

Please advise if the error was here, or if indeed there is an error. I'd like to complete the purchase of a few recent titles with the new system! How long will this be up for testing?
Raikkonen

Post by Raikkonen »

Here is the error message:
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch

/shoppingcart/paymentinfo.asp, line 156
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

Hmmm, seems a little questionable.

Why isn't this mentioned on home page? [&:]

Why only under General forum and not mentioned in individual game forms?

Why not under news etc?

Last time I went to a mirrored web site (HPS) turned out to be a scam trying to get member credit information? [:(]

Just some thoughts, I welcome a good purchase system, if real though you may want to rethink how it is being presented.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
valeryvdr

Post by valeryvdr »

tommict, could you give it another try? I believe I have fixed the issue. Thanks.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

We're only announcing it here as we need this to be tested before it opens up to the wider public. We don't want a lot of people using it until we're sure it all works. This is really us :)
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Raikkonen

Post by Raikkonen »

Same result. It appears to be quantity related. With 6 & 7 items in the cart, I get the error. With 5 or fewer items it seems to work.
Freyr Oakenshield

Post by Freyr Oakenshield »

I can only choose 1-3 games- is this intended? Also, what do you do if you want to cancel the order? For example, there seems to be no option like 0 items or empty the shopping basket/cancel the order...
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thanks for the feedback guys.

1-3 is the current max of any one game. The only time we tend to get more than 1-2 items in a cart is if someone is trying to use a bad credit card. Its rare but it happens. We have very if if any real orders asking for more than 3 of a single game. It's a balance between making it user friendly and avoiding fraud.

Are you just testing the system or you actually wanted more than 3 copies of a game? How often do people want to order more than 3 units of a single game?

We'll check out the issue with more than 5 items in the cart. What OS and browser are you using when you see this issue?
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Raikkonen

Post by Raikkonen »

Hi Iain,

I'm using Win7 and Chrome. Tried it on an android tablet and had the same result. It actually appears that 4 items works, but 5, 6 & 7 does not, resulting in the error message. I could buy fewer games but....

Maybe I'll get a star for this!

Tom
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thanks - is this boxed or digital games or a mix of both?
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Raikkonen

Post by Raikkonen »

Looks like it's fixed. It was all boxed versions.
valeryvdr

Post by valeryvdr »

Yes, I have uploaded a fix. Thanks
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

I ordered Pike & Shot Campaigns Boxed version with download included

1) Basically it was easy and as far as I can tell worked.

2) It said the order was a success and I was able to download the game right away.

3) What I HAVEN'T RECEIVED as of this writing is any email acknowledging or thanking me for the purchase or giving me any further download information. No receipt. Maybe they will still come but I assume you do want to continue to send receipts etc. to the purchaser.

Add Edit: Also no email to advise when/if that the boxed copy is to be sent.
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

I ordered Pike & Shot Campaigns Boxed version with download included

1) Basically it was easy and as far as I can tell worked.

2) It said the order was a success and I was able to download the game right away.

3) What I HAVEN'T RECEIVED as of this writing is any email acknowledging or thanking me for the purchase or giving me any further download information. No receipt. Maybe they will still come but I assume you do want to continue to send receipts etc. to the purchaser.

Add Edit: Also no email to advise when/if that the boxed copy is to be sent.

So did I miss something on the checkout about requesting email receipt? I'm sure all will work out but it is important to get something showing just how much you cared was charged. Also important to get acknowledgement that the boxed copy will be sent to you. As It stands now I have a game but no documentation of how much paid or what I purchased.

That said the system seemed to work smoothly and easily otherwise.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

@Yogi

I've resent all the emails related with the order.
Please let me know if you have now received them now.
Raikkonen

Post by Raikkonen »

I thought of another question. Sometimes I put things in the cart and get distracted. After a period of time, the cart is emptied due to inactivity. Is this really desired? From my end as the purchaser, there is no reason to clear the cart. Sometimes I like to just keep things in the cart.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Trying the new shopping cart. I have a gift card that I'm trying to use. When I enter the card number, and press update, I get a red drop down box saying "Generic Error Contact Blue Snap....".

The gift card was issued on 12/25 and I thought they were good for 1 year.

I tried just proceeding to pay, but the price doesn't reflect the gift card value.

Thanks
Rick
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

@Yogi

I've resent all the emails related with the order.
Please let me know if you have now received them now.

No I just rechecked and I have not received any emails about the purchase of any type.

Edit added: Still no emails of any type. I have checked "my games" on the member information the game is listed there.

Return to “General Discussion”