Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress

The Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 is a new turn-based, tactical wargame that focuses on conflicts in the Middle East.

Moderator: Jason Petho

HeinzHarald

RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress

Post by HeinzHarald »

ORIGINAL: **budd**

I'm looking forward to the vietnam game, just for the different types of missions possible and more helicopter stuff. [:)]

I haven't tried the scenario myself just yet, but we can get a taste of such action already. Jason wrote the following over on The Blitz:
Yes, with the new air levels, it does make one have to think a lot more when using helicopters.

This will be especially true in Vietnam.

A good test of some "Vietnam" style operation would be to play "End in the Sahara".
http://www.theblitz.org/message_boards/ ... #pid404251

Btw, the game lists the scenario as "The End in the Sahara".
berto

Post by berto »

From the Wishlist thread:
ORIGINAL: z1812

Hex Outlines and Contours visible at the same time.
I too have long wished for this. Your wish is my command!

In 2D (which for this operates the exact same as 3D), the four different possible outlines/contours combinations:

Neither:

Contours only:

Hex outlines only:

Both outlines and contours:

As a reminder, in addition to showing contours, you can also display hex elevations via Display > Map Elevations (hot key .).

If you compare closely the last two screenshots, you might see how the contours in the second screenshot (the one with the numbered elevations) are somewhat lighter. This is because I switched from Options > Hex Contours Colors > Dark to Options > Hex Contours Colors > Medium. Not shown, but also available: Hex Contours Colors > Light.

All of this available in ME 1.01 (due for release maybe late November).
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

Some finishing touches with Warhorse's NATO icons, namely tank treads, ATG triangles, AA curves with 1px lines. Some experimental AIW inspired wreck markers there as well. All this (in some form) in 1.01.

Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

Another one, from Al's Golan 1985. Lots of wrecks, for some reason [:)]

Attachments
aiwwrecks2.jpg
aiwwrecks2.jpg (255.92 KiB) Viewed 208 times
---
demiller

Post by demiller »

I need those wreck markers like yesterday!
AKA panzerde
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: demiller

[:)]

I will try to have the revised NATO icon sheet together with the markers sheet available next weekend. 2D Zoom-in View only at the moment, scaling down takes a while. To be eventually included in 1.01 as said, but why not have more eyes looking at them before that. So a mod it will be.
---
Matto

Post by Matto »

What about some flags instead of bases? It was nice mode for JTCS ...
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... 8-)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

demiller

Post by demiller »

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

I will try to have the revised NATO icon sheet together with the markers sheet available next weekend. 2D Zoom-in View only at the moment, scaling down takes a while. To be eventually included in 1.01 as said, but why not have more eyes looking at them before that. So a mod it will be.

You are full of win! [&o]
AKA panzerde
berto

Post by berto »

ORIGINAL: Arkady

There was already a suggestion to have the Unit Viewer open up portraying the selected unit within the game. This would require first Arkady coming up with a new version of his tool, supporting a launch option for this.
Well, actually it is already added to latest version,commandline parameter is -me:PXXXXXX
for example -me:P220001 should invoke Unit Viewer with Israel's Cromwell IV tank already selected
Indeed, thanks for this. [&o]

I have since implemented this to work seamlessly in-game:

Available in the forthcoming ME 1.01.
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
TheWombat_matrixforum

Post by TheWombat_matrixforum »

Excellent support--well done, and very encouraging!
Bradley62

Post by Bradley62 »

Good work Unit Viewer!
Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper »

Big reason I bought this game was based on the developers desire to continue enhancing the game and providing excellent community support.
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

Thanks guys - we try! [:)]
---
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

ORIGINAL: Grim.Reaper

Big reason I bought this game was based on the developers desire to continue enhancing the game and providing excellent community support.

That makes a difference in the video game industry nowdays. This is one of the reasons why I´ll buy CSME. [:)]
Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
berto

Post by berto »

ORIGINAL: **budd**

thought of something else since the boxes are useless under extreme FOW how about they just not show up. The damage box and the assault odds box are the ones i'm thinking of.
No longer useless, in ME 1.01, under Extreme FOW, they will show almost as much info as non Extreme FOW:

In the screenshot, the Jordanian M48A1 Patton unit in the hot spot hex (yellow hex outline) has just fired at the Unknown Israeli tank platoon to its south. The Damage Report says
Unknown
Reduced Disrupted
because this is Extreme FOW. Under non Extreme FOW, also no FOW, the Damage Report box would instead say
Unknown
Reduced by 1 Disrupted
for example (might instead say "by 2" or ...). So under Extreme FOW, you will know there is force loss, just not exactly how much.

Likewise, the Damage Report box, under all FOW types (also no FOW at all) will report things like Eliminated, Retreated, Disrupted, Defenders overrun, No effect, etc.

Unlike non Extreme FOW (also no FOW at all), Extreme FOW will not report passenger casualties. Under Extreme FOW, you will know that the transport was Eliminated or whatnot, but you will not know whether it contained passengers, or what was their fate.

Posted (by me) at The Blitz:
As Jason put it so well:
Hidden results in Extreme Fog of War is part of making the Extreme part of the Optional Rule more prevelant. It was really insignificant before, now it is very significant. The information is all still there, it just isn't there instantaneously like one was used to from playing the old games. It requires a few moments to dig that information out, with the intention or representing combat at the command level one is typically playing.
The blue highlight says it all. In the real-time FOW of actual combat, the higher level force commander (represented by you, the player) would not know casualties to any detail, instantaneously. (Each turn representing six minutes of "real time", right?) The force commander would have to take the time and effort to "dig" for such info.

Especially for EFOW, the intent is to move away from God-like, know-it-all, real-time omniscience.

That said, in ME 1.01, for EFOW only, we will change the "unknown effects against unknown units" to, for example, something like "losses inflicted" or "no losses inflicted", without spelling out the precise details. So make EFOW a bit less extreme, and make the Damage Report box not quite so useless.
(In the final implementation, I did it rather differently than what I envisioned above at the time.)

Again, available in the forthcoming ME 1.01.
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

I just finished my current turn of the Into Africa PBEM with the latest BETAs. Very neat balance there berto, really liking the level of information available now. [:)]
---
HeinzHarald

Post by HeinzHarald »

This sounds like the perfect balance. At least for someone like myself who's new to the campaign series but still want to play with a good amount of FOW. EFOW in 1.00 leads to a bit too much trial and error in some situations for my tastes (still prefer it over non extreme though).
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Agreed, testing it out last night, I feel the amount of information to be very realistic! Good job, Berto!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: demiller

Is it yesterday now? HERE we go, then! Anything out of place pls let me know [:)]
---

Return to “Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985”