fortified bunkers helping out pirate raiders?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

jadelith

fortified bunkers helping out pirate raiders?

Post by jadelith »

quick question.

when I attack a hidden pirate base in one of my colonies, I see a +100% defense bonus to the raiders from fortified bunkers. why is my fortified bunkers helping the raiders? and this really is the case - it's a lot harder to kick pirates out when you have bunkers, vs. when you don't have them. i.e. 5 troops are usually enough without bunkers, but not enough when you have a bunker in the colony.

is this a bug?
Kayoz

RE: fortified bunkers helping out pirate raiders?

Post by Kayoz »

I think it's been pointed out quite a while ago.

My guess is that bunkers are flagged as being owned by the defender. Since you're attacking them, they're the "defender" and thus benefit from it.

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” ― Christopher Hitchens

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”