A little disapointed in Operation Torch

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Numdydar

A little disapointed in Operation Torch

Post by Numdydar »

I guess I did not read the details on the game close enough [:(]

I was really hoping that Torch extended the 43-44 campaign in WitW to start with Torch and then you could play the game all the way to '45. Instead of just ending when the Axis were out of NA (or the time was up).

Are their any plans to do this or is Torch just the NA campaign and nothing else?
LiquidSky

RE: A little disapointed in Operation Torch

Post by LiquidSky »

I hear this a few times and I am not sure why. The Tunisia campaign is the perfect campaign. It has an obvious beginning, and a conclusive finish.

The only reason I can think of is perhaps people want to evacuate the Africa Korp immediately to Sicily so they have extra troops...and there already is a scenario made with that in mind called The 4th Supreme command.

I used to play the Gamers Operational Series game Tunisia. Basically my friend an I would play it twice. After one game, we would switch sides and the person who could kick the Germans out of Africa the fastest was the winner.

This one could be the same.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Campaigns/Scenarios are for those that can't plan for the long haul [:)] I want to impact massive areas of the world, not just some small dinky part of NA [:)] Besides all of this is a side show without being tied into the pig picture [:(]

And like every other gamer that plays these games, I want YOUR system to magically give me the experience I want [:D] No telling me that I should be playing X if I want that [:D] (I probably am or have played X but now I want a different experience and decided that the WitW/E system is my new plaything [:)]. So I am just looking for you to give me what I want. Lucky you [:D] )

When is your 1936 War in Europe game coming out again [X(]?
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

have you tried this one?
The 4th Supreme Command (3 July 1943 - 4 Aug 1945 - 109 turns) is a hypothetical Grand Campaign that assumes Hitler had been assassinated in March 1943, and that the Axis armies were in a better situation in the summer of 1943

a simple question, as there's enough in this one imo for the whole game to be worth it, it's a what if type one, plenty to do, it's a different challenge from the others and different enough to be really fun to play, then again i've only tested it, never really played it properly but did enjoy it size and scope enough to know comment on it...
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Rongor

Post by Rongor »

OP, you are not alone! Still, I enjoy the Torch.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”